chapter 17

"I like you, Jungkook."

Jungkook didn't say a word for quite some time. The song ended, followed by another and another and another, until all the songs ended. He just sat there quietly, with tears silently streaming down his face.

After a while the first thing he said was, "Do you remember?"

"hmm?"

"If I win...we're going to get married, as you promised me, right?"

Taehyung smiled in return. 

Jungkook's tears didn't stop flowing, "I've never ever dreamt that this would happen in reality...I have never imagined that I will get to hear those words from you"

Taehyung took Jungkook's face in his hands, "I like you" he kissed him, "I like you so much."

-

3 days passed and Jungkook still couldn't believe his new reality. 

"Jungkook!" Aera startled him when he was drawing his potrait. 

"You scared me!"

Aera stepped closer and looked at the potrait, "hmm...you are getting better" she smiled mischievously, "It's Taehyung-shi right?"

"I--does it look like that?"

"yeah!" she leaned closer to whisper in his ears, "It's so obvious that you lovingly drew this."

Jungkook blushed, "Ah stop Noona!"

How can she say that it was drawn from love by just looking at a simple drawing?

But later that day when Jungkook helped out Taehyung to move some of the paintings from the storage closet, he looked at some of the paintings done by Taehyung. 

"wow hyung you are really talented! This is the first time I'm seeing your paintings, why didn't you show them to me before?" Jungkook examined each and every paintings and drawings. His eyes landed on a huge canvas which was covered by a white cloth. "what's that?" he asked. 

"That was my project for Graduation."

Jungkook removed the cloth and looked at the painting.

It was Eun-ha. 

"She looks beautiful."

Taehyung smiled, "she is."

"I think I see it now" Jungkook wondered out loud. What Aera said made sense. 

"huh?"

"Most of your works look lonely and they are either monochrome or very dull colours, but this one...I can feel the warmth in this painting. 

Taehyung smiled softly, "I didn't know what to do after the divorce...I even closed up the studio, I didn't want to paint or draw again...but when I decided to re-open it...that was when we met again."

Jungkook looked at him. 

"At that time, if fate didn't allow us to meet again...If you didn't come to the studio that time...I think I would never be able to move on properly...so thank you."

Jungkook smiled and put up his pinky finger, "If you are really thankful then make me a promise"

"another promise?" 

"Promise me that you will draw me too" he smiled shyly, "truth is, I'm not really cool about this. I'm actually very Jealous just now, as I listen to you talk about the person you used to like."

His finger was still up,"why aren't you making the promise?" he shook his finger, "Join your pinky finger with mine right this instance"

Taehyung smiled and joined their fingers, "Alright I promise"

"You'll keep that promise, no matter what!?" Jungkook exclamied.

"yes" 

"promise me you'll keep your promises to me no matter what"

"I promise. No matter what."