chapter 19

After Jungkook's exams~

"Wow! this is my first time in Jeju Island!" Jungkook exclaimed. "How'd you get  a room with such an amazing view?"

"What do you mean how?" Taehyung smiled, "I spent an entire day looking at hotel sites, that's how.

Taehyung put a lot of effort into this trip and Jungkook could see it. He can't help but feel overwhelmingly happy.

They spent the first 3 days visiting the beach, eating good food and relaxing. It felt good to be in a place where no one knew them and they weren't tied down by responsibilites. Taehyung could feel himself fall more and more in love with Jungkook.

The next day Taehyung tried to wake up Jungkook but failed miserably.

"5 more minutes hyung"

"Are you a kid? Get up Jungkook! I planned a lot of things for today!"

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes and looked at Taehyung, "woah hyung, I think that the Jeju air is making you look even prettier? do you think we should get a home here?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes with a smile on his face, "Stop talking nonsense and go take a shower" he walked away from the bed, "Kook, did you bring your charger? I left mine at home."

"Yeah. In the front pocket of my bag."

Taehyung hummed and opened Jungkook's bag and something inside that made his blood run cold. 

A few hours later, Sharing an umbrella, they walked hand in hand in a path covered by trees, rain softly falling on them....it was romantic, In jungkook's opinion.

"Sure wasn't expecting a rain, the sky was clear moments ago" Taehyung muttered. 

Jungkook smiled looking at the sky, "Everything looks pretty with the rain and there aren't many people either. I love it." he walked out of the umbrella, "I love this. To be here, with you, like this...I really don't want to go back."

"Jungkook.." Taehyung called the younger and waited for him to turn around. He didn't expect to say these words so soon, and he wanted to give only happy memories to Jungkook till they got back, but...

"yes hyung?"

"Let's..." he remembered what he saw in Jungkook's bag...A ring. "Let's end things here."

Jungkook smiled nervously, "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean!" Taehyung almost yelled. "We have to end things here, before it's too late."

"I don't understand" Jungkook stepped near Taehyung, he was completely drenched in the rain, "If you wanted to break up then why did you bring me on this trip? what about the last few days? everything was great! wonderful!" he placed his hands on Taehyung's shoulders with desparation, "You told me you liked me! was that a lie!"

Taehyung let the umbrella fall to the ground and looked at the ground, "I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say. I didn't want to end things like this either."

Jungkook completely lost it. "YOU CAME ALL THE WAY HERE TO BREAK UP!" he yelled. "WAS THIS SOME KIND OF FAREWELL TRIP I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT!? WHAT DID YOU THINK I'D SAY 'Thanks for the trip, thanks for making good memories with me.' AND GO ABOUT MY LIFE!?"

Taehyung didn't reply.

"DO I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT TO YOU!? HOW?" Tears formed in his eyes, "How can you do this to me!?

Taehyung looked at him and Jungkook turned around to walk. "I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear what you said. I'll give you time till we get back. Think about what you said."

Jungkook walked back to the room and slammed it shut. He pulled out the ring box from his pocket and threw it in the ground. Just like how the box broke, his heart broke too. He let the tears drop.