XXVIII.

━━ Indigo Rose,June Twelfth

━━ Indigo Rose,
June Twelfth. ━━

I woke up to the hot sun on my legs. The sun that was burning through a window of an unfamiliar bedroom. I shot away when I became aware of my surroundings, prepared to fight someone.

until I remembered the previous night.

I blinked a couple times, and slowly took the blankets off of myself, and walked to the attached bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror for a moment, taking one good look at myself.

I looked awful. My eyes were puffy, my cheeks were blistered and red, and dried mascara on my cheeks.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, preparing myself to walk down the stairs. After a few seconds of giving myself a pep talk, I walked down the stairs.

"Good morning." I mumbled, entering the kitchen. Everyone looked at me.

Awkward.

"Indigo!" Luke smiled. "Good morning."

"Goodmorning, Lovebug. Come sit." Ashton smiles, pulling out a chair for me and walking back over to the oven.

I sit down on the kitchen stool, and Ashton slides some food across the island for me. He made chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream on top and some strawberries. My stomach growled.

"We've got the police waiting." He said, ruining my mood. "Are you ready to face them?"

No. I wasn't. But I couldn't hide in Ashton's house forever, I had to say something. But, before I could say yes, he interrupted me.

"Let's go for a drive."

━━ Ashton Irwin,
The Park. ━━

She wasn't talking.

"You know I'm here for you, Okay?" I said, rubbing her back gently.

"I know." She nodded, "I don't know what to talk about though. I don't know what to say."

"Tell me what you're thinking about, hm?" I said, turning to face her body. "What are you thinking about?"

"My room." She nodded, "I miss it. I want to grab everything from there, I miss my belongings."

"Understandable." I said, "We can pick everything up soon, I promise. How are you feeling?"

She looked down and picked at the grass, staying silent. I sighed deeply.

"Awful." She spoke up, "I miss my parents."

When she looked back up at me, tears filled her eyes. I felt my heart crack for a moment. I pulled her into my chest and let her feel some sense of comfort for a moment.

"I hate them so much." She sobbed, "I hate them. But I love them." She wiped her nose on her sweater, "What did I do to deserve such a shitty life?"

"Indigo, you did not deserve this one bit. This is not your fault. I promise you." I cupped her cheeks, "I am going to show you love that a parent never could. I promise."

"Really?"

"Really."