XX.

━━ Third Person,The Past

━━ Third Person,
The Past. ━━

Indigo was five years old when she met Jackson, her now ex-boyfriend.

She was playing at a park down the street where her parents lived, and she was playing on the swing set. Alone.

She tried and tried to push herself. She tried to swing on the swing. But she just couldn't. So, this boy who was six years old, came over and tried to help.

Indigo's little chest huffed, "I've got this." She declared to the shaky, little boy.

"Are you sure?" He giggled as he watched the cute girl wiggle on the swingset.

"Yes!" She grumbled, "I don't need you to push me. I got this."

Jackson, being raised right and taught the meaning of no, left. He walked over to the monkey bars and began climbing.

About five minutes later, a very embarrassed five year old made her way toward the monkey bars where the boy whom she told no to, resided.

"Excuse me?" She lightly tapped his shoulder.

"Oh— Yes?" He mumbled, looking at the girl.

"Can you push me on the swingset?"

After that, they became best friends. Stuck to the hip. Until eventually, they were forced to date and entered High-School. Jackson was never awful, until he met his buddies.

He became someone Indigo wasn't sure she knew.

They didn't really feel that way for each other at the beginning, but Jackson was happy. Indigo tried to be happy, but it was hard when you don't feel that way for someone.

She didn't know what was happening when she fell to the bathroom floor. Her final moments are a blur. A lost memory.

"Indigo Rose? Are you alright? What was that— Oh My God!"

Indigo wanted to travel the world. She wanted to go to America, and go on the Santa Monica pier with her family. She wanted to meet someone she loved, she wanted to be happy. She wanted to travel to Hawaii, and see the wonderful ocean and sit on the beach as the wind rushed through her body.

She wanted to feel what love actually was. She wanted to experience the rush you get when you kiss that person. She wanted the butterflies.

But she never would, now.

"Indigo, baby, talk to me— Ethan! Call nine one one!"

Indigo was a good kid. She never did anything wrong. But she wasn't a good kid by choice, she was a good kid by force.

All her sixteen years of life, she wished that she had different parents and a different life.

She wished.

How could a girl feel like this was the only way out of her shit life? How did it get to this point? How could it get this bad?

"Hey, hey, you're okay. It's okay. I've got you."

Her favorite movie was Titanic. She adored how Jack held Rose with such love and care, and she adored how Jack died so that Rose wouldn't.

Would anyone want to die for her?

She somehow often found herself thinking about if she were in Titanic, would she have found love? Would she live if the Titanic sank? Would she live?

She wasn't sure how she thought this was her only way out. Her life wasn't that bad, was it? She had a good income, she had a rich family; she had everything anyone could wish for.

But all Indigo ever wanted was very simple. Something money couldn't buy.

Indigo wanted love.