V.

━━ Indigo RoseMay fourth

━━ Indigo Rose
May fourth. ━━

Even when I was sobbing my eyes out, I never ever stopped thinking about my punishment for my life going off the plot. I wasn't supposed to be sick, I wasn't supposed to be weak. What is going to happen now?

Ashton kept a firm hand on my back as we walked around the hallways, looking for my parents. I almost didn't want to find them.

"Remind me what they look like again." Ashton hummed.

"Both of them have brown hair, around five'nine." I told him, "My mom holds onto her Louis Vuiton bag like it'll run away?"

"Is that your parents?" He said, pointing to a pair of three people— My dad, my mom, and Dr. Hemmings, who looked very concerned and irritated.

"Indigo Rose! Where the hell have you been?" My mom shouted, catching my gaze.

Before I could respond to her, Ashton stepped in front of me. "Your daughter was in the hospital room where she was supposed to be. Where you left her. Where were you, Mrs?"

My mom's face twisted into a shocked face, but she didn't respond. I could tell she was fuming.

"Thank you, you know, for finding her." My father mumbled, clearly embarrassed. He pulled me closer to him, and I flinched.

"Don't thank me." Ashton says firmly. "She's a young girl in a big hospital. Please do better with watching where she goes," He says. "Thank you."

Without another word, he turned on his heels and walked away with mad confidence.

Luke was biting back a smirk, I could tell, and my parents were grumbling and whispering amongst themselves. My mom adjusted her cardigan, and crossed her arms.

"What an unkind young man. What was his name, Indigo Rose?" My mom spat.

I smirked inside my mind. I could lie this time. "I don't know, sorry."

She rolled her eyes, and I saw Luke wink to me— which I smiled. They continued their previous conversation, now with me in the middle.

I don't know how I forgot that I was just diagnosed with cancer, but I'm glad I did at that moment.

━━ At Home. ━━

We all silently sat at the dinner table with tension filling the air as we all silently chewed our dinner.

"You have Cancer." My mom broke the silence. I became shocked, seeing how she just announced it out of nowhere.

Thanks mom, I had no idea. I thought, looking back down at my food.

"Do you have anything to say?" My dad snapped.

"What are we going to do with you now?" My mom mumbled. "How could you let yourself get this sick? How could you do this to us?" Tears began rolling down her cheeks.

Was she crying because her daughter has Cancer, or because her fantasy was ruined?

"Mom." I said, "I can't control if I get Cancer or not. I didn't do this."

My dad got up swiftly, grabbed the collar of my pajama t-shirt, and held me up to his level— His eyes burned with anger, and I felt small at that moment.

"Do you feel excitement when you're disrespectful, Indigo Rose?" He snapped, holding onto my collar tightly. "Do you find enjoyment in being a spoiled brat?"

"Dad, I—"

"Don't talk, selfish bitch. Go to your room."