I.

━━ Indigo RoseApril Twenty-Eighth, 1:20 PM

━━ Indigo Rose
April Twenty-Eighth, 1:20 PM. ━━

"We are completely wasting our time." My mother grumbled. Her right hand gripped her purse like it was going to grow legs and run away. "If this little thing is nothing, Indigo Rose, then so help me—"

"Jessica, calm down." My father hushed her. His hand moved onto my shoulder, tightening his grip as my mother spoke. "It's just one doctor visit, it's not going to hurt any."

"But it wasn't in my schedule, Ethan." She gritted her teeth.

Snake Venom spat out of her mouth each time a word escaped her body, It was like every time she spoke you got closer to death's door.

"How were we supposed to put this in our schedule, Jess? It's a fucking emergency visit—"

"Mr. and Mrs. Blanchard?"

My ears stopped ringing when I heard the voice and I looked up. I saw a doctor with a clipboard and exhaled deeply.

We all stood up in unison, and the doctor walked up to us.

He had blonde curly hair, it was brown at the roots and he had two dimples on each side of his cheek that stood out even when he didn't move his mouth. He had deep blue eyes that made his face pop.

"Hello! My name is Dr. Hemmings. I'll be your doctor today, I'm assuming you're Indigo?"

He averted his gaze to me, and I nodded silently, with a small smile on my face— trying to clear the air of the tension that floated in between me, and my parents.

"Excellent! If you could just follow me this way." He gave us a warm smile, and I followed him as he led us to my hospital room. I could hear my two parents whispering amongst themselves.

The poor Doctor. I whispered to myself.

When I entered the hospital room, the smell of Hospital and many sanitizing wipes invaded my nostrils like a tsunami.

"Go ahead and sit down, Indigo." He motioned to the hospital bed.

I gave him a quick smile and sat down on the Hospital bed, thin paper that was laid on top of it crumpling under me as I sat.

My parents sat down in the two visitor chairs near the wall, and I noticed that they had an annoyed look on their faces. I prayed they wouldn't be mean to the Doctor, that's embarrassing.

"Right, so what're we here for?" He asked, sitting down on the small roll-ey chair and scooting closer.

"My daughter is concerned because she found a lump in her breast. I also have been feeling under the weather lately. This truly isn't a big deal—"

"We'll look at it if she's concerned, Sir." Dr. Hemmings cut off my father, which shocked me and made me want to let out a laugh.

"Indigo, can you show me where the lump is?" The Doctor asked, turning his attention to me.