II.

━━ Third PersonMay Second, 4 PM

━━ Third Person
May Second, 4 PM. ━━

Indigo didn't hate the fact that her parents wanted her to be like the book Indigo, She hated the fact that she was book Indigo .

It doesn't look like it now, but up until the age of Thirteen, Indigo made her life exactly like the book Indigo. To the extent where she read every single book over, and over again until her life matched.

She had the same room design and made it look like how it was described in the book. She had the same obsessions book Indigo had, same hobbies and even got the same nail shape whenever she got her nails done.

"Green tea." Indigo's mother told their maid, "No sugar."

"Yes ma'am, right away." The maid shuffled away from the two as quickly as she could.

The teenager watched as the maid scurried away, and rolled her eyes at her mom's attitude. All of her family had two legs, they could make tea for themselves.

Indigo's mom made their maid do everything. It was awful, and Indigo pretty much did everything for herself because it makes her job a lot easier.

Indigo never once in her life had the maid do anything for her. If the maid did something for her, Indigo would pay her on the spot. She felt as if demanding them to do things, especially in a rude way, was dehumanizing them.

"Mother?" Indigo cleared her throat anxiously, catching her mother's attention. "Can I please go to Gia's house after school today?"

Her Mother rolled her eyes, putting down her tea and turning to face Indigo.

Gianna Vixen.

Gia happened to be Indigo's all-time best friend since she was just a little girl. Gia's parents were more in the lower middle class bracket, so Indigo tried to help as much as she could.

"You know I hate her family, so no." Her mother snarled. "Why don't you hang out with Bianca? We're friends with her parents, lovely girl she is."

"Please?" Indigo begged, trying to ignore her comment about Bianca.

"Did you not hear me? I said no, Indigo Rose." She snapped, slamming her hand down on the table angrily. "I say no repeatedly. I'll have you know, my Indigo Rose wouldn't question her mother and would accept what she wants!"

What bugged the teenager most is that her mother wouldn't call the real life Indigo her Indigo. She would call the book version "My Indigo ," But never her own daughter.

She stayed silent.

Her mom knew she hated it when her mother said 'My Indigo' because it felt like Indigo will never be good enough. Indigo quickly put her dishes into the sink, rinsed them and went up the stairs.

When she entered her bedroom, she shut the door and flopped right onto her bed and sighed deeply.

Don't get her wrong, she did love her parents to death and would absolutely do anything for them but sometimes it can be absolutely miserable with how they acted.

She sometimes found herself wishing that she had a normal life. A normal life where she could be a rebellious teenager, not have a shitty and rude boyfriend, and that she could swear, have more accepting parents.

She wanted to be loved.

but Indigo knew no matter how hard she wished for that, it would never come. Her dream would never come.