XVIII.

━━ Third PersonJune Eighth

━━ Third Person
June Eighth. ━━

Indigo Blanchard had the worst night and morning.

People were making sure nothing was wrong with her, and that she was healthy and just sick because of the Meds.

All.

Night.

Long.

It didn't help that she was barely awake or active for any of the things happening, which meant she had no idea why this was happening either.

Whilst Indigo mindlessly flipped through channels on TV, two people walked into her hospital room.

Her parents.

"Mom—"

"Why are you watching TV?" Jessica Blanchard scowled. "That stuff rots your brain. Turn it off, now."

Indigo obliged and shut the TV off. Jessica scanned her daughter's hospital room and made a disgusted face.

"You couldn't have tidied up a little?" She scoffed, sitting down on the visitor chair— which her husband sat down as well.

"Mom, I'm recovering from a surgery." Indigo said, not believing that her mom would imply that she needed to tidy up while she was bed ridden.

Jessica did nothing but roll her eyes at her sixteen year old. She despised that her daughter was here, in the hospital.

But no, not in the loving parent way. Not in the 'I want my lovely daughter to be healed and healthy' No, that's not what I mean— she hates it because 'I want my daughter to make me famous' hate.

Jessica and Ethan both hated the publicity that their daughter was getting. They should be getting it, not her.

While they continued to hate on Indigo's living situations, Indigo's favorite person walked in.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Blanchard." He shook Ethan's hand, grinning. "It's very lovely to see you."

I lied. Ashton thought while he shook Ethan's hand.

"You too, doctor." Ethan Blanchard extended his hand for Ashton to shake, which he did. "How is my daughter?"

"Well unfortunately I have bad news." Ashton cleared his throat, letting go of Ethan's hand. "Indigo got sick overnight, and was throwing up everywhere. I'm concerned because this is not a normal reaction—"

"What the hell do you mean?" Jessica stood up. "Aren't you doctors? Shouldn't you know this type of thing?"

"Mom—" Indigo tries to intervene, but is no help.

"Ma'am—"

"No. I won't stand for it. We are taking Indigo Rose home. She isn't sick and she's fine." Jessica begins to gather Indigo's stuff fast, planning to leave this god forsaken place.

Ashton is not listening to a woman who looks like she belongs as a parent of a child at chilton school in Gilmore girls.

"No, you're not." The tall, broad, dark haired man crossed his arms over his chest— definitely appearing more intimidating. "She is my patient and I decide whether or not she is going home. Now sit down or I'm calling CPS."