XV.

━━ Indigo RoseJune Fifth

━━ Indigo Rose
June Fifth. ━━

I felt like shit the second I grew conscious.

My eyes fluttered open and I immediately knew I couldn't breathe out of my right nostril. My throat hurt, and my head was pounding.

The sunshine shone through my hospital window and the light lit up my room— signaling it was sometime around Noon. I took a deep breath, groaning lightly and trying to sit up.

"God." I groaned.

Before I could move anymore, someone walked into my hospital room and gasped. "Oh honey— don't move, you've just gotten surgery."

"Right." I murmured, laying back in the previous position.

"How are you feeling this morning?" She asked, handing me a cup of water. What an Angel.

"Sore." I groggily said, clearing my throat. "My head hurts."

"You will be for a little." She sympathetically smiled. "I'll run my tests and everything before you sleep. Would you like some sleeping meds so that you can get a good night's sleep?"

"Yes, please." I practically begged.

She nodded, and got everything she needed for the tests. I rubbed my eyes after she left, and let my head fall onto the pillow. I hadn't noticed how hungry I was until that moment.

I grabbed my phone that was on my bedside table. Before looking at the articles about me, I opened the camera app to see the disaster. My hair was in a very notty bun, my eyes had noticeable under eye circles, and I had a pimple forming.

I looked awful.

"Hey Bug." Ashton said, walking into my hospital room before I could look at the dreadful articles. "How are you feeling?"

"Awful." I laughed, seeing a small frown come onto his face.

He hums softly, "I'm sorry. You look exhausted, but good news! We got it out! You'll be here for another night or two, just to see how your body reacts to the changes and everything." He hums once more.

"Can I just go home?" I ask, hoping he would say yes.

"No baby, I'm sorry." He hummed, setting down a cup of water next to me. "Soon enough."

"Promise?"

He grinned. "I promise. Now how about we get you some food? I assume that you're starving. What do you fancy today?"

"Nothing off the Hospital Menu." I giggled.

"I'll buy you whatever you want. What does your heart desire?" He sits down next to me/

"You don't have too, Ash—"

"I want to." He brings out his phone, "Tell me what place you want, and your order. Chop Chop Angel!"