XXII.

━━ Third Person,June Ninth

━━ Third Person,
June Ninth. ━━

". . . She's stable!"

Everyone rushed around to put an oxygen mask on the lifeless child on the table, everyone's minds racing a hundred miles an hour. A little girl's life is on the line.

"Let's try and get her conscious."

Ashton could do nothing but watch. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to say. But really, what could you say in this situation?

"Doctor Irwin." The police officer from before, came up behind Ashton and he spun around. "Can I speak to you?"

"Yeah sure— we can go to my office.'' Ashton exhales a shaky breath, rubbing his hands on his clothes anxiously and leads the officer toward his office once again.

Once they both sat down and the door was closed, the officer cleared his throat. "So, to begin, her parents became very violent when I asked them questions. But I understand that, I guess."

Ashton nodded, folding his arms over his chest.

"However, I've gotten some inside resources telling me about how they treat their daughter." He puts his hands together. "I'm pretty sure some of the stuff they do is Abuse."

Ashton's eyes nearly shot open. Abuse meant foster care. Abuse meant Indigo's life would switch upside down. She would be with someone she didn't know.

No way in hell was he letting that happen to her.

"Which means she would have to be in foster care." He continued.

"Foster care?" Ashton's eyebrows shot up, sitting up straight up.

The Officer nodded. "But I don't know, Doctor." The Officer cleared his throat. "It's a difficult decision that also isn't up to us."

"I understand." Ashton nods, gathering his things and standing up. "I must go check on her. I need to know if she's okay, she's my patient. I'll talk to you later on."

"Sure," The Officer nodded. "I'll talk to you later."