XXI.

━━ Third Person,April ninth

━━ Third Person,
April ninth. (12 AM.) ━━

Ashton Irwin sprung out of bed and nearly fell flat on his face when he got the call. He got dressed as fast as he could, and alerted everyone in the house about what was going on.

Indigo Blanchard had attempted Suicide.

His Lovebug, his favorite person, his patient.

He was shaking so bad that Calum had to drive him to the hospital. Ashton feld like his blood was gone cold, and that his heart was going to jump out of his heart, grow feet, and run away.

Indigo was barely alive when they arrived.

She was hooked up to thousands of machines, monitoring her body and brain waves.

". . . She took about a bottle of Advil . . ."

". . . Someone pump her stomach, right now! . . ."

Ashton couldn't believe the shit he was hearing. How did he not see that it got this bad? How did he not realize and see the many signs?

He gaslit himself into thinking there were any signs. But there truly wasn't— Indigo was a happy child to the naked eye.

". . . Irwin."

He snapped out of his shock, and spun around to see an assistant doctor standing next to a police officer.

"They wish to speak with you." She told Ashton, nodding to the both of them.

"Yeah, sure." He gulped but nodded. The officer followed them out of the room, and waved the assistant doctor off. She walked away.

"We've heard about a Suicide attempt." He began with, crossing his arms over his vest. "Where are the girls' parents?"

Ashton didn't say anything, he just shrugged— beginning to look around.

"Not sure." He finally spoke; his voice raspy and rough. "Probably getting spoken to."

"Most likely." The officer nodded, and then took a second to observe Ashton's state.

Ashton was shaking. His face was flustered, his cheeks were bright red— and he was hardly able to walk.

"With all due respect," The officer started, getting Ashton's attention. "I think you should take a break."

"I can't." He shook his head firmly, receiving an eyebrow raise from the officer. "That girl in there is my patient. She had stage two breast cancer, and she's just attempted suicide. She also is the daughter of Jessica and Ethan blanchard. Authors of the famous book series. She's forced to be someone she isn't." He paused to take a deep breath, "She fully believed this was the only way out."

The officer's face fell into a frown. He couldn't imagine being a doctor, which is why this man had so much respect for them.

"I'm seeing as though I should have a talk with the parents." The officer murmured softly, just so Ashton could hear.

"yes." Ashton didn't hesitate.

Ashton had absolute pure hatred for Jessica and Ethan blanchard. It's evident they didn't love their daughter. They loved control.

"I'll see what I can do." The officer gulped, and sent Ashton a smile. He walked away.

Ashton felt tears brim his eyes as he got closer to the glass that was looking into Indigo's room— she was being treated.

She laid on the bed, arms flat to the sides and her body pale. Her face had no color.

". . . She's flatlining!"