VIII.

━━ Indigo Rose,May Fourteenth

━━ Indigo Rose,
May Fourteenth. ━━

Bill sat next to me in silence. He wore discreet sunglasses, a tux, slacks, and professional looking shoes. He was also hardly moving. Was he dead?

I was alone, with Bill and millions of other nurses.

I bounced my leg anxiously, looking at my phone for a text from Jackson every five seconds. He promised to text me, but he hadn't even answered my texts.

After last week, he let me cry in his arms for a couple of long hours. By the end of it, I thought I had run out of tears for the rest of my life. He comforted me, and even drove me home.

"Indigo Blanchard?"

Bill stood up quickly, and helped me up out of my seat. I smiled at Dr. Hemmings before we began walking into the back hospital rooms.

"Dr. Hemmings." He extended his hand to Bill, who shook his hand back with a smile.

"Bill Hardings, nice to meet you. I'm Indigo's driver, and supervisor."

"Nice to meet you, Bill." He smiled, sitting down in his chair. "How are you feeling today, Indigo?" He asked.

"I'm good. Sleepy." I hummed.

"Me too." He chuckled. "Okay, so today will just be a 'get to know you' day. I will show you to your primary Doctor's offices, and have you meet them. I will, however, need you to fill out some stuff when we're done. I will also need you to take the papers home and have your parents sign them."

"Sound's good." I mumbled.

"Bill, can I sleep Indigo for a little?" He asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not really supposed to." He said, "But I trust you. Have fun, Indigo. I'll be in the car."

Me and Dr. Hemmings walked to the elevator, and pressed the button. We stood in awkward silence.

"Can I ask you an odd question, Indigo?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Is your name Indigo, or Indigo Rose?" He raised his eyebrow. I laughed at his confusion.

"My first name is Indigo, and my middle name is Rose. You're telling me you don't know who I am?" I raised an eyebrow, "Not to sound entitled. I just thought most of the world knew who I was."

"I don't know, sorry." He shrugged. "Who are you?"

"I'm Indigo Rose. I am the girl off of the famous story line. My parents are Jessica and Ethan Blanchard, authors of Indigo Rose Series. You don't know?" I gasped.

"They named you after a character?" He raised his eyebrows. "That sucks."

"You're right. I am pretty much that girl on the internet. I hate it." I shook my head, "I'm— just Indigo. Just call me Indigo."

"I'm sorry if I offended you." He apologized.

"No! You didn't, honestly. I'm just shocked." I hummed. "You're fine. Don't apologize."

"Good, I was scared." He said, leading me out of the elevator. "Just Indigo."

"Just Indigo." I repeated.

He led me down a hallway, passing some nurses who flashed a smile at us. We were soon in front of an office. A big one. It was labeled; Dr. Ashton Irwin's Office.

Luke knocked, and immediately I heard a faint, "Come in."

Luke opened the door and behind the desk was the Doctor from last week, and I felt a sense of comfort overwhelm me.

"Good Afternoon, Indigo!" He greeted me, "Welcome to my office. Are you ready?"