☙ t w e n t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

The feeling of relief was barely registered as I finally run past the first few trees, maneuvering around the tree roots so I wouldn't trip.

I, myself, was pretty soundless as I ran - having mastered being silent so I wouldn't scare off the preys I used to hunt - but the man behind me barreled through the woods so noisily I just knew he was attracting trouble to us.

"Annalyn!" He shouts, and I almost turned around just to slap my hand over his mouth to keep him quiet, but that would be counter productive.

Best choice is to lose him and run, leaving him here, but of course that plan goes out the window when I see the ground suddenly inches from my face.

"Where in hell did you learn to tackle someone like that?" I ask, infuriated at the world as I tried to gran for the sword, but it's well out of my reach.

"You think I was born with defined muscles? Anna, I'm a prince, I get trained too." He says, once again taking his time with lying on top of my back.

"Stop calling me that." I snap.

"Right, I forgot, it's Ella, right? Or do you prefer Cecily now?" He asks, sarcasm evident in his voice.

"Shut up." I mutter, not even trying to get him off, knowing full well my efforts would be useless. "And get off of me. Don't want to crush Liam's unborn child now would you?"

He sighs, getting up and looking around the woods.

I push myself up with my arms before, surprisingly, a hand makes its way into my vision. "Is this real? His royal highness is lending a hand to little old me?" I say, but ignore his outstretched hand and getting up by myself, once again picking up the sword.

"I was just lying about that." Harry says out of the blue.

"Figures. I knew you wouldn't actually help me up to my feet." I say, shrugging my shoulders and trying to squint into the darkness to see something other than near by trees.

"What? No, not that. The pregnant thing." He says, scratching the back of his neck.

I stared at him, thinking he was kidding, but soon I realize he wasn't. "You don't say, Harry. Of course I knew you were lying about that. Think I'd notice if I was carrying Liam's baby." I roll my eyes.

"Oh. Well, there's no risk of that right? I mean, you and Liam haven't really - you know." He says, and even in the dark I can see his eyes darting towards everything except me.

I roll my eyes at him. "Course not. I'm a virgin," I say, narrowing my eyes at Harry's figure that keeps looking around. "And I'm planning on keeping in that way."

I was honestly expecting a perverted comment from him, but was surprised at his reply. "Good." He says.

"Good?" I question, confused by his answer.

"Yes, good. Now let's go back to the castle." He says, looking me in the eye for the first time since we've been in the woods. His head nods to the direction we came from, but I just scoff.

I bring the sword up to my shoulder, letting its weight rest there as I bitterly smiled at him. "Are you joking?" I say, raising an eyebrow at him. "I'm going home, you're welcome to stay out here in the woods all night if you want. Though I must warn you that it isn't going to be nice for you at all."

I turn around, quite honestly I was planning on staying near the first line of trees so I can see which towns I will pass so I could get back down the mountain.

"And how will you get home?" Harry asks. I hear his footsteps following behind me. It's like every step he took was a loud blare in the silence of the woods, and it worried me.