Chapter 10: She Didn't Mean It

Valentino's pov

"I swear to everything if you ever just sit there again letting a child say some shit like that to me I will hurt you in front of everyone" Brielle says breaking the bottle of whiskey on my back. The liquor burns on the open wounds that are supposed to be healing. "Did you not hear me?" She screams at me, throwing a book at my eyes.

My head hits the back of the file cabinets. I feel blood gushing down the side of my head. "I'm sorry I won't do it again" I tell her, seeing my vision getting blurry. "You better not. Now go to the hospital, call me and I'll pretend that I don't know what happened. You don't say anything about this." She warns me I nod feeling my head spinning.

I take my car keys trying to gain my balance. I hold onto the car trying to open it. Fuck my head is killing me. After turning on the car I drive to the hospital feeling my eyes fighting to stay open. A loud honk makes my spin the other way on my lane again. My heart races knowing it could have ended completely differently.

How did I make it to the hospital alive? I have no idea. My car is covered in blood and my shirt is soaked but I can't let them see my back. Brielle will get in trouble.

She didn't mean it.

"Woah I need a gurney , what the hell happened to you?" Alessio says holding my weak body up. The light bothers my eyes. I feel myself getting rolled out somewhere. "We have to clean your head and then run you under an MIR and make sure you don't have a concussion." He says I stop him

"Wait wait I can change myself I have it"

"Valentino, do you know how dangerous that is for your condition right now. I could lose and credentials that I have"

"Fine fine but do not look at my back I can tie the back" He agrees taking me to one of the bathrooms. He puts the hospital gown on over my clothes. I take off the button down I have giving it to him I then remove my pants he puts them all in a bag sealing it shut.

With the little strength I have left I tie the back making sure it's shut so no one can see it. "Valentino, we're going to clean your head now and put ice on your eye. I need to know what happened. We also notified the first two people on your emergency contact they will be here soon"

"I was in my office and the chair broke so I hit my head on the filing cabinet and one of the books I had on top fell on my eye" He looks at me like he doesn't believe me.

Hell I wouldn't believe myself either

Annabeth's pov

"I know I said it already but you look beautiful Princess" Marcello says after the waiter comes taking our plate. We each get another glass of wine and he holds my hand smiling at me. "Thank you Marcello" he pressed a kiss on my hand.

The waiter comes out with the bill Marcello takes it just handing the waiter his black card. "You know you don't have to pay for every date we have" He just rolls his eyes signing the bill. "Yeah I won't let you pick up not one bill." We wait for the car from the valet. He opens the door letting me go in first.

I get a message from Alessio that Val is in the hospital. I start to get worried. I tell him I'll be there shortly. "I'm sorry my love, do you think you could take me to the hospital?" I ask Marcello "are you okay? What's wrong?" He becomes nervous.

"No I'm okay I just have to see someone in the hospital"

"Anna, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes Marcello, I promise I'm not lying to you. I just really have to see someone in the hospital" He nods, pressing a kiss on my knuckles. He turns on the next exit, the hospital coming in sight. "Do you want me to wait for you?" Marcello parks the car turning to me.

I don't want him to feel bad in any way. "No baby, it's fine, I'll use the tunnels to get home. Alessio's almost done with his shift anyways." I press a kiss on his lips and he smiles at me. "I love you Princess"

"I love you more Marc" I get out the car he blows me a kiss as I go inside. Alessio is coming from the back when he sees me. I follow after him and he gives me the report and reading what Val said it's pure bullshit.

He's covering up for someone and I have a feeling I know who it just might be. I swear I might kill people for my job but I hate people who abuse others. If you are not happy in a relationship simply leave. If you know you have anger issues then go seek help. Hitting someone else to make yourself seem more powerful is terrible and sickening.

It's worse because there are many cases where men speak up and they get pushed to the side. Just like a man can abuse a woman, a woman can abuse the man. This world is hypocritical. "Dante said he went into Val's office. The chair wasn't broken and Alice said that Brielle came into the house mad at him. Anna, what Val is saying doesn't match with what happened. Thankfully he doesn't have a concussion; it was just a hit to the side of his head. It could have been a lot worse. He has one eye that's black and blue hell he won't even let us touch his back. Dante is trying to get through to him but I think you're the only person he will listen to," Alessio says, stopping in front of his room.

Alice sits on one of the hospital chairs trying to keep her eyes open while Violet and Dante talk to Val. "Hey i'll be in there quickly then we can go back to mine." I tell Alice who jumps awake. "Fuck I didn't mean to fall asleep. Yeah i'll wait for you I have to get some paperwork back from Gio anyways" Alice says yawing.

I knock on the door before going in, Violet and Dante excuse themselves letting it just be me and him. My heart breaks seeing him with all these machines hooked on him. "Val, how are you feeling?" I ask him and he sighs sitting up. "Better than earlier. I'm sorry about the hospital calling you. I forgot you were on my emergency contacts. Were you on a date? You look beautiful"

"Thank you and don't apologize for the hospital calling me. It was nothing. I'm glad you are okay. To answer your question yes I was on a date but that's' not important right now"

"You should have stayed with Marcello I am fine"

"No you are not Val and I need to know who did this to you. Don't lie to me and say you fell because I know you didn't. As for the book hitting your eye the only hardbacks you have in your office are on the shelves and then again it's not a lot. You never leave books in your filing cabinet" He doesn't look me in the eyes "Val did Brielle do this?" He still doesn't say anything.

He's not going to either because he's scared. His heart rate went up and his eyes filled with fear when I said her name. I am going to fucking kill her with my bare hands. "Anna it's late, you need sleep and Alice is sleeping on the chair. Can you do me one favor though before you go?" He looks at me with pleading eyes "Of course" A small smile comes to his face but he loses it quickly.

"Tell the hospital not to let Brielle in"

---------------

Hey guys

Hehe I did the last update here on purpose

I feel bad for Val

Q/A~ Do you want a physical copy of Annabeth's return?

1097 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

Until we meet again <3