Chapter 4: I Feel Safe

Annabeths's pov

I woke up with a pounding headache. Fuck it i'd re do last night in a heart beat. Memories from it flushed back in my mind. My eyes widened when it started to come back. Valentino brought me home yesterday. He told me I was his favorite person. He held me while I slept.

Brielle left half way through the night yesterday when she was talking to Valentino I saw her get mad and leave. Next to my phone is a glass of water, two headache pills and a note.

I know you wouldn't want to see me when you woke up so I left around 6am.

Water and headache pills always used to help you.

I'm not sure if they still do. I left it out in case of anything.

I'm still here for you Annabeth through everything

Don't hesitate to call me or send me a message

With all the love I have left

~Valentino

I find myself smiling at the little note holding it close to my heart. Quickly I drink the medicine putting the note where all the other ones he wrote me are. I kept it all in a box on the top of my closet, it looks like a regular shoe box but inside it has years worth of memories. Memories that I don't know whether to hold on to or finally let them go.

Deep down inside I never want to let them go. I don't even I ever could. Even if me and Valentino never end up together again every person I'm with after that will know who he is. After doing my business in the bathroom I go downstairs laying on the long couch in the living room. Later I'm definitely going to see Zeno make sure his grave looks good and just to talk to him.

"Hey bitch" Sofia sits on the couch next to me. I smile at her. "How did you sleep?" She groans while drinking her tea. "Gosh the whole night it was getting you and your brothers drunk until you guys were too drunk. It took us 20 minutes to get Achilles into the car alone" I laugh remembering what Valentino did yesterday. A small smile comes to my face.

There shouldn't be a smile on my face. He has a girlfriend who was there yesterday. "You looked very close to someone yesterday" She smirks and I flip her off. "Fuck off I was drunk" She laughs putting her feet up on the couch. The memories of yesterday still make me feel warm. The way he stood even though he knew he shouldn't. The fact that he admitted he was still in love with me "Anna im going to ask you a serious question" Sofia says I sit up she makes sure no one is listening.

"Are you still in love with Valentino?"

I nod thinking of his emerald eyes and his full pink lips. His soft dark brown hair the way he smiled brightly when I ran my hands through it. The way he held me when I was feeling upset telling me how much he loves me. How could I not be in love with him still?

Sofia throws a small pillow snapping me out of my train of thought. "What the fuck you do that for" I groan at her. "You were daydreaming about him" Just like that Alessio and Achilles come into the living room with their eyebrows raised. "Thinking about who?" Alessio asks me, I tell him not to worry about it.

The moment they hear that I'm talking about Val they would start planning out how we're going to get back together. Getting back together with Val I mean there was a point that Alessio locked me and Val in the rain until we fixed things. "Im fucking hungry you guys wanna go get breakfast?" Alessio says leaning on Sofia.

What do I have to lose?

"Sure let me get shoes" I go upstairs with Sofia grabbing a thin hoodie and a pair of slides going back downstairs. I fix my hair again going into the car sitting in the back next to Alessio. "I need a fucking boyfriend I feel single right now" I groan resting my head on the window putting my feet up.

Alessio smirks looking at me "I know someone who is perfect just let me know and you'll both be together in a day" I hit his arm knowing he's talking about Valentino. He wouldn't break up with Brielle if I gave him 1 million dollars. I just have to learn to move on and not feel the way I feel when I see him.

Making sure my heart doesn't pound out of my chest, my hands starting to get shaky when I hear his voice or my knees go weak when he smiles at me. How warm my body feels when he holds me close to him not wanting to let go. The times he wanted to be the little spoon. Running my hands through his soft hair as he rubs my back makes me feel safe.

Anytime I'm with him I feel safe.

I know Val wouldn't let anything happen to me or at least I think he wouldn't let anything happen to me. He now has Brielle who is the most important thing to him. Maybe if I didn't leave we could have still been together. Things that happened in New York couldn't have happened. "Anna who fuck are you thinking about?" Achilles says taking me out of my thoughts.

Have we been here the whole time?

"I think she was thinking about Valentino loot at how she's blushing" I rolled my eyes after getting out of the car. We all walk in together waiting to get seated at a table. I sit on the inside of the table next to the wall. Alessio sat next to me. "You know what when you have a kid I better be a god father im not your fucking trip for no reason." I look at Alessio shaking my head.

"Maybe my third kid but the first two Giovanni and Federico"

"Okay that's fair"

When we order our food it comes fairly quickly. Marcello texts me that the plane landed and there in the car but the traffic is horrible. When traffic is that bad they'll be stuck there for at least an hour. The most important thing is that they are here.

Alice came last night but the amount of traffic she was stuck in getting out of the airport was on another level. "Mom's asking where we're at," Alessio says, paying for the bill. "Tell her that we'll be there. I'll just take the local roads" Achilles turns on the car.

The only person I can't wait to see is my curly haired dirty blonde

---------------

Hey guys

I love the way Anna talks about Marcello

Q/A~ Who do you want Anna to end up with?

1165 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

Until we meet again <3