All Eyes on Me

After returning to my home and spending a needed weekend relaxing with my friends. It was time to get back to reality. Since mine and Tatum's car was still getting its finishing touches on repairs or that's what the fairies told my aunts. I still can't believe they could fix the wreck that was my car. But somehow, they was able to salvage it.

  Kai came to pick us up and the tension that used to linger in the air has dissipated. I am relieved that he does not feel as guilty as he once did. His guilt used to be able to suffocate me. Now it's so low I wouldn't even call it a whisper. I decided to sit in the back and let Tatum sit up front with her best friend. I know when Kai and I were dating, that I took a lot of his free time from her. I just wanted things back to normal; or as normal as they can be. I know, I haven't made things easy for anyone lately. Especially, for Hunter and Kai. I have been so childish and selfish when it came to them. It's time for me to grow up and take responsibility for the actions I make. I can not act as a mere mortal anymore. My eyes are open and I know that from now on my decisions have major consequences. This world isn't made for screwups.

"Hey."

Kai says looking through the rearview mirror at me.

I can see a flush of red kiss his cheeks when I smile back.

"Hey."

I hear Tatum hold in her laughter.

Kai gives her a shove with his elbow.

"Shut up."

He tells her and Tatum busted out in laughter.

"Nice, very mature."

I say rolling my eyes at her.

Then we all start to laugh at the stupidity of it all.

Here I am trying my best to be grown up and then there's my friends finding anyway to make me remember that I am still a kid just trying to survive. It's going to take time but we will do better because we have to. Unfortunately, whether we like or not, we have to grow up faster than others, lives depend on it. I laugh at myself. I think I may be hanging out with Hunter too much because my thoughts are definitely starting to sound like him. He would be so proud. I rolled my eyes, annoyed with myself. Stop thinking about him, I can not think about him in any way shape or form. I need to find a way to shake him from my every being. But how? How can you shake someone you - you care for so deeply. Someone who protects and is always there for you when you need them? Maybe, I just have to lean on someone else for a change. I look at my cousin and Kai, they are both laughing and cracking jokes on one another. The view warms my heart with joy. I have them and the others, I have to be more open with them when it comes to stuff.

"Hey guys."

"Yeah?"

They both reply trying to regain their composure after having a laugh-a-ton.

I look at them their eyes so soulful and I wanted to tell them. I wanted to tell them everything. About what happened with the Wendigo.
But I couldn't. I did not know what happened exactly nor how I was able to do what I did that day. And I could risk them looking at me any other way than the way they are looking at me right now.

"I love you, both of you."

Tatum eyes watered up for a moment.

"Awe, Ava, I love you too."

Says Tatum.

Kai smiles.

"Me too."

Once at school, I noticed Hope and Penny standing anxiously at my locker. Hope, held two ice macchiato's in her hand and I am beating one is for me. Penny held a huge balloon in her hand that said "Welcome back, WITCH!".