Feelings

Once we got back safely inside the cabin Kai and Tatum activate the protection wards, just in case someone followed us outside of the Market. I, on the other hand, am still overwhelmed with all that accrued at the Market. Hunter told me he is jealous of mine and Kai's relationship. I also believe he was about to kiss me if I hadn't stopped him. Then to bump into this mysterious man whose eyes glowed just as mine do. Hunter believes it can be the dark warlock. However, I did not get a reading off of him that he was someone to fear. His ora felt as if he is just lonely, sad even. I didn't get a master of darkness from him. But what would I know? I am after all still new to this lifestyle. Besides all of that I am still intoicated from the Lotus Punch. Who knows what is real right now? Maybe I imagined everything.

"We are good all the wards are up. No one is passing them."

States Tatum.

"Good."

Replies Hunter.

"Now, explain to everyone what happened exactly?"

Hunter questions.

I am so lost in thought that I did not notice the question was directed towards me. When I looked around everyone was staring waiting for my response.

"Oh, you're talking to me?"

"Who else would I be talking to Ava."

The way Hunter says my name is sweet yet you can hear a bit of annoyance behind it.

"Right, well where should I being."

I think of how I can word it probably. My mind is a bit hazy thanks to the Lotus Punch. I also didn't want to mention that I felt lust from the hooded man. The lust I felt was like none that I have ever felt before and I think it was lust for me. I think he wanted to know who I was, he yarned for it. Now to think about it. I wonder how long he was watching me for. But if I mention that Hunter and Kai would not let me breathe.

"I went outside to get some fresh air. I was enjoying the cool breeze after all the dancing and admiring the nights sky. That's when I felt another presence. It was overwhelming, powerful even. It was like as if it demanded my attention. I went to step off the porch to see what or who this presence was coming from. That's when we collided. I all most fell to the ground but he caught me. I said I was sorry because I felt as if I was the one who ran into since I wasn't really paying attention.  That's when I told me it wasn't my fault. I tried to catch a glimpse of who he was but it was dark and his face was shielded by a hood. All I saw were two violet eyes glowing beneath it. The man then darted off into the alley behind the Saloon. So I ran after him. Once I turned the corner he disappeared. And then that's when you found me."

I finish looking at Hunter. His face has no emotion to it as he soaks in all the details of my story.

"Why would you run after him Ava?"

Questions Tatum.

I look at my cousin concern fills her face. I know everyone else is wondering the same thing. Wondering why would I put myself at risk and follow someone who clearly doesn't want to be known. Who runs into a dark alley and could have taken me or hurt me. The truth is I don't even know why I did it.

"Honestly, It was just a reaction I wasn't thinking."

"Yeah well, you ever heard the saying curiosity kills the cat?"

Penelope questions sarcastically.

"Of course I have."

I scowl at her.

"Then why risk it?"

Kai questions finally breaking his silence. I can tell he is aggravated by my actions maybe even disappointed. It hurts me to know that I can get him to feel that way.