On Edge

The next morning, I realize that my eyes are puffy and swollen from all the crying I did last night. It truly breaks my heart that I am hurting Hunter without even trying to do so. What's worst is that he thinks I want to hurt him this way. Aggravated with the thought that I am letting myself be defeated by Hunter's words. I head for the bathroom to shower. Even though, the water feels amazing as it washes my pain away. I decide to cut it short, I quickly get out and dry myself off. After freshening up, I rummage through my closet wondering what to wear today. I glance out the window. It's raining. I put on a pair of jeans and a black tee-shirt. I then slip on some black boots and a leather jacket. I then put on some makeup, not too much, just enough to hide the fact I was crying the night before. After looking in the mirror, I figured I should put on a pair of black shades just in case the makeup did do its job. I double-check my wavey hair to make sure there's no frizzy's.

"It will do."

I shrug to myself in the mirror.

I snatch my bookbag up from the chair it sits idly on and slip one arm through and toss it over my shoulder.

I then head downstairs. The smell of coffee fills the air. It's like heaven to my nose. I follow the smell all the way to the kitchen. My aunts and Tatum are already there. Tatum is finishing the last bit of pancakes on her plate. Wendy is reading a newspaper and drinking coffee. Lily walks over to me with two mugs in her hand.

"light and sweet right?"

She askes me while handing me a cup of coffee.

"Yes, thank you."

I smile.

"What's with the shades in the house? Are you hungover?"

Ask Wendy with a smirk. I know Tatum informs my aunts about everything that happens supernaturally, so I am assuming Wendy is being a smart-ass because of the Lotus Punch.

"No, just the day. It has me in a fog."

"Well, the first time at the Market will do that to you."

Lily replies sipping her coffee.

"It has nothing to do with that."

I laugh slightly.

"Okay."

She replies while taking another sip.

"Well, there's bagels and muffins, if you are hungry."

"Thanks,"

I say grabbing a corn muffin. I then take off my shades so they won't think anything concerning as I take a seat next to Tatum. I finally take a sip of coffee, savoring every bit of it. I start to eat the muffin taking small pieces into my mouth and swallowing.

'So, I am assuming you told them about last night?'

I say to Tatum telepathically.

'Well, one of us had to.'

she replies.

'Yeah, but then they will worry.'

I respond annoyed.

'Better them worry than not.'

'Wait, why aren't they mad?'

I question.

'You think we are the first group of young witches to go out to the Market and explore?'

Tatum laughs.

'Really? I would think Lily would have reacted differently.'

'No, going to the Market is like a tradition. Everyone rages about going there. Especially, teenagers.'