A Room Filled with Memories.

As I follow the two fairies down severals halls and up three flights of stairs, I can hear the excitement from their wings echo throughout the halls. They sound like flapping wings from hummingbirds. The sound was mythical and soothing to me, almost as soothing as wind chimes on a cool spring day. When we reached what was presented as my room door. My heart skipped a beat. My nerves started to kick in again and I didn't know why. Maybe because I was unsure what lied behind the fine oak door with golden frame. I took in a deep breath and slowly released it hoping that it will help pull myself together. It was just a room with no one in it. I can handle that, it's not like theres a bunch of people inside. I smile as politely as possible assuring Poppy and Trixi, I was ready to enter.

Once the door opened the smell of vanilla lavender sent my senses in overdrive and a flash back flooded my memory...

(FLASHBACK)

I was a child maybe about five years of age and I am lying in bed with my mom. She is holding me and I can smell her perfume flood my nose. It wasn't strong, it was warm and relaxing.

"Mommy, why do you smell so good?"

I ask while digging my face more into her neck.

She lets out a giggle.

"Because I bathe with vanilla and lavender. It's the best combination."

"I agree."

"Oh, do you?"

She replies while tickling my tummy.

(Flashback ends)

"Is everything okay Miss Clarke?"

Asks Poppy concerned with my sudden pause.

I blink frantically, snapping myself back to reality.

"Yes, yes. Everything is okay."

I confirm.

Just then I noticed something hanging over the headboard of the white canopy bed. I rush over and trace my hands against the strings of a huge white dream catcher. It was exactly identical to the one my mom made with me when I was younger. The white crystals in it caught the sunlight from the balcony and the the reflection of the sun danced round the room so elegantly. I remember like it was only yesterday when we made the identical dream catcher. I remember my mom told me how she had one just like it over her bed growing up and she wanted me to have one too. I also, remembered asking her what ever happened to her dream catcher, just like any nosy seven year old would and she told me...

(FLASHBACK)

"Because I left it home."

"Why?"

"Just never had time to pack it up."

"So, why don't you get it now?"

"Because, it's just too far from my reach now."

"Oh, that's sad."

"Yeah, I guess you can say that."

"Well, you can use mine whenever you want Mommy."

She tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Aren't you my sweet girl."

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

"Whose room was this prior?"

I question.

Poppy and Trixi, look back and forth between each other. Both looking hesitant to respond.

Trixi clears her throat.

"Well, it was your mothers Miss."

"This was my moms room?"