How about that Element?

Everyone was looking at me with a huge smile. I didn't know why. Was it because they were happy for me? Or were they happy they did not get this element? Because then, they do not have to worry about being attacked all the time! Or was it because I actually said "Crud" out loud? I was confused.

"Congrats Ava, you got the element Heart. That means you are really powerful. You can obtain any of the elements."

I looked down at Tatum's hand. She held a Crystal clear crystal. Which meant she had Wind. I looked over to Kai, he held an emerald crystal. Which meant he had earth. Penelope held an ruby red crystal, for fire. And Last, but not least Hope held the sapphire crystal, which meant she was water.

"Anyone wants to switch?" I say with a sarcastic smile on my face.

"What?" says Tatum.

"you're joking right?" asked Kai.

"Well...." I respond shrugging my shoulders.

"Ava the element Heart is the most precious element to have. It's so beautiful. You should be happy." Remarks Penelope.

"I am happy. I just don't understand why it chose me?"

"It chose you because you are the most loved one in the circle and you're the one who loves, and cares the strongest. Which means you will always do what you have to do to protect the circle. That's why it chose you, Ava. Because of your loyalty and your heart." Says Hunter.

Knowing all of that changed my feelings completely. Knowing this crystal, this element, wasn't a burden. It was a gift. A gift that I will always cherish and treasure. Because I know now that my friends chose me not the crystal. And with this gift, I will help protect the people I love most and whoever else needed it.

"Thank you." I smiled at Hunter.

"Don't thank me, thank your circle for adoring you."

"Yeah, thank you guys. I love you all more."

We all smiled and each other and headed on our way out.

    So what do we do now? Do we train or we just wait for another attack to happen to protect ourselves? The thoughts started running through my head and they were driving me to crazy.

"No Silly, of course, we are going to practice." Says Kai.

"Hold on- Wait! What?" I said slowing down by the waterfall curtains.

"What? what's wrong?" asked Kai concern.

"I didn't say that out loud how did you hear that?"

"I-I don't know?"

"Now that you have your elements you are more connected than ever before. You can now hear each other's thoughts, has can I. It comes in handy when in trouble or in battles against enemies." Replies Hunter.

With that new knowledge, we say nothing. I guess we all just was still absorbing it in. Mind reading or telepathy or whatever you want to call it. Was something we all needed to get used to and definitely learn to control. We exit the cave without talking and was definitely not trying to think. Once in the clear, we all head our separate ways. Except for Tatum and I, that is. When Tatum and I got home the aunts were waiting like two impatient parents waiting on their children's arrival.

"Hey girls so how did it go?" asked Lily

"Yeah what did yall get?" questioned Wendy.

Tatum waved her crystal clear crystal in the air with pride.

"That's great honey you got Wind ." Said Lily

"Yeah that's sweet you are going to love that element. I would know because I had it." Says Wendy

The aunts then look at me. I lift my hand up and open it. Showing off my pink crystal. I was excited but I didn't want to make it a big deal. Nor did I want Tatum to feel like I thought my crystal or element was more important.

"OMG!" Yield Wendy.

"Honey you got the element Heart. I am so happy for you." Says Lily

"Thanks," I said with a slight smile.

"Well be a little happier than that. The Heart is like one of the coolest elements to have. You can like do everything with it." says Wendy.

"I am happy. I just don't want it to be such a big deal."

"But it is a big deal. Just because I have Wind doesn't mean that you can't be proud of what you have. I love my element you should love and be proud to show yours off as well. I am not going to get jealous or anything. Besides your mom was Heart as well." Says Tatum with an eye roll.

Okay, that's exactly what I wanted to avoid. Sometimes you just can not please people. I didn't want to come off as I thought I was better, but doing that just made it seem as if I thought that. Which I don't. I don't get it. Will I ever get a break? And now to find out my mom had this element. That is some big shoes to full in.

"Maybe you should just embrace who you are and what you can do and people won't get confused." snapped Tatum.

"What?! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

"Well maybe if you didn't think too hard or too loudly I wouldn't hear you in mine!"

"LADIES!" Yelled Lily

"I cannot believe what I am hearing! Both of you stop this nonsense this instant!"

"Yeah, you two are cousins. You're family, you shouldn't treat each other this way." Says Wendy

"They're right I am sorry for assuming you would get mad at the fact I got Heart."

"Apology excepted. And I am sorry for acting out. I should have been considerate of your feelings and the fact you was just trying to be nice and treat me as an equal. I'm not jealous nor will I ever be. You are my cousin and I am so happy for you."

"I am happy for you too."

"At least now I have someone to help me practice Wind with me." She smiles

I smile back.

And just like our day started it ended with hugs, and the exception of aunt Lily telling us not blow the house away.