What is Iudiciis?

After a whole day at school with no Hunter, I grew anxious and worried. I tried calling him serval times and it kept going straight to voicemail. It was unlike Hunter to miss school. But most of all it was unlike Hunter, to not check in on us. He did not contact any of us nor have we hard from him since the morning he left from the tree house. Which was about two days ago. I hope that he is okay, if something happened to him. It would break me in so many different ways I don't even want to imagine. Kai, and the others decided to come with us to our house. Maybe, our aunts my have some insight on Hunters whereabouts. Especially, Wendy being that she has such a close relation with Hunters father. The thought still turns my stomach.

"So, do you think he is, okay? I mean this isn't like him."

Questions Hope as we enter my home.

I hang my jacket on the coat rack.

"I am sure he is—"

Just then I am distracted by a warm electrical surge that fills my core.

I turn and run into the kitchen. Standing there in the middle of the kitchen talking with my aunts with a glass of water in his hand is Hunter. I run and give him a hug practically spilling his cup all over us.

"Whoa! Ava! Are you okay."

"Yes!"

I say backing up immediately.

"We were all worried about you bro, you weren't answering your phone and you didn't show up to school."

Says Kai with his arms folded.

"Yeah, sorry to worry all of you. I was called to meet with the Council. It was urgent short notice. I just got back."

"Is everything okay?"

Asks Tatum.

"Yeah, they just wanted to disgust somethings."

"Hunter, don't be so blah, tell them what they want."

Says Lily with an hint of excitement in her voice.

"They want to throw a ostensurus convivium."

"ostensurus convivium,"

"A releasing banquet?"

I question.

"Yes."

Everyone in the room seems so thrilled about this banquet, except for Hunter and I.

"I know I am new to all this stuff, So, I must ask. What exactly is a ostensurus convivium?"

"It's only the biggest coming out ball ever!"

says Wendy.

"Coming out ball?"

"Yes, everyone gets to finally meet the Royals. They find out who you are what element you bare and they give gifts."

States Lily.

"So, I am assuming this isn't going to take place around here, huh?"

"No, it won't be here."

Replies Hunter.

"So, that means it will be in?"

"Avalon."

I gasp at the thought, ever since we gotten our powers I have always wondered where we originated from. How our birthplace looked and smelled. I wish I could share this experience with my mother, but I guess just being in Avalon will be a step closer to my mom in a way. I mean she was born there. Unlike, me. I hope I don't disappoint her legacy. I tend to put my foot in my mouth at times.