Avalon

My hands are shaking, I can't remember a time when my nerves were filled with pure adrenaline before. My palms are sweaty, I swiped them on the tights of my pants hoping it will made them somewhat dry. I am not sure I am ready to this. It has only been a few months since I found out I was a witch and it has been one hell of a roller coaster thus far. I can say that I probably handled it better than many would have. But maybe I say that to self to make myself feel better. Hell, I know I am far from perfect.

However, I never really put into too much thought on where we originated from. Apparently, it's called Avalon and it's supposed be the most beautiful place in the world. Or at least that's what Tatum has told me. Tatum and the others have visited Avalon before. Unlike, myself I only know about it by word of mouth and whatever I read in the book about Avalon my aunt Lily gave me.

The others are excited to be finally going there again and getting the honorary banquet that is given to us Royals. Hope is excited to dress up in the clothes. She states the dresses are like from a fairytale. Tatum, is wondering what gifts they will give her. Penny, just wants the party to happen already. As for Kai, he is wondering which familiar we will get. I was confused at first on what he meant but I hit the library and found out that a familiar is like our spirit animal. It will do anything to protect us and they sense evil from miles away, protecting their masters and their homes. All witches and warlocks get a familiar, not just royals. Which I found to be pretty cool. However, what I found to be disturbing is apparently they do not last too long because they are known to sacrifice themselves for their masters. Which is a bit sad and morbid for my liking. I would never want my familiar to do that, I find every life to be precious and not expendable. But I guess that is why witches and other supernatural beings never are raised as norms. It clouds your judgement.

"Nervous?"

Asks Tatum nudging my arm.

"That obvious, huh?"

"No."

"Then how can you tell?"

"Because, I know you."

She smiles.

"Say if they don't like me?"

"They're going to love you."

"But say if they don't?"

"Then they can all go to hell, because you're great."

"You're only saying that because you're my cousin."

"No, I am saying that because I know you are going to own it."

She responds with a smile of encouragement.

"Okay, if you put it like that then I guess  am ready. Are you?"

I reply putting out my hand and she takes it with no hesitation.

We both walk into the portal together. Blinding lights surround us and in a split of a second we aren't in Astoria anymore. We are standing in front of a gigantic castle and the air smells sweet like nectar. A forest surrounds the castle and the trees are shades of pinks and purples. There's a waterfall behind us and it is turquoise. The sky has shades of blues, pinks, and purples it reminds me of cotton candy.

"There's two suns?"

"YES!" '

Tatum smiles.

"Wow!"

I glance at them amazed as they burn yellow and orange.

I see our friends urging us to hurry up. I roll my eyes at them for being impatient. Unlike, them I haven't seen this before. I wanted to enjoy the view and soak in this new fond world, but I guess that will have to wait.  Tatum and I rush up the marble stairs with gold trimming. I can see the giant soldiers just like the ones from the market standing guard. There's at least eight of them lined up all the way to the castle doors and they bow their heads as we pass.  When we reach the doors they open on there own and we all follow Hunter inside.

"Welcome Royals."

Says two fairies in perfect harmony. Their wings flap behind them in excitement. They were adorable sliver haired girls with iced blue eyes and they looked to be about twelve years old. However,  fairies look extremely young and can be extremely old. I am assuming they are.

"Hello again, Poppy and Trixi."

Greets Hunter.

"Master Mikal, pleasure seeing again."

They respond like bobbsey twins .

"The pleasure is all mine."

He insists.

"May we escort you all to your rooms?"

Questions the one named Trixi.

"That would be delightful."

He responds.