A little bit of conjuring with a touch of enchantment.

After everything that happened at school things have been quiet. Grace, keeps her distance from us. Especially, from Hope. I think she was embarrassed about all the gossip that's going around that she's all bark and no bite. Since, Hope is one of the smallest girls in school and destroyed Grace, they are not afraid of the big bad wolf anymore. Also, Roman, finally made Hope and his relationship exclusive. I am assuming she likes them hot and feisty, or at least that's what he told Hope. I still don't get their relationship but as long as she is happy. Even though, Hope has been on suspension from her extracurricular activities. It did give her and I more time to hang. We started to do water magic together. Which is very cool. We are able to conjure up a ball of water and slowly separate it into droplets. We did have a few failed attempts but now we are naturals at it. I also, have been reading my mothers grimoire on my spare time and studying all her spells. Hunter, has been really proud of my resent dedication to the craft, but can you blame me? I almost died a few times in the passing months, which is why I have been training even harder with Hunter. He even has moved me to weapons class. I am pretty good with pretty much all the weapons but I am most skilled with the sais. Hunter, was pretty impressed how well I am with them. He said it takes a skilled fighter to master them.

"telum virtutis evoco! veni ad me, ferrum mea!"

Nothing happens.

"telum virtutis evoco! veni ad me, ferrum mea!"

Still nothing. Out of frustration, I slam my hands on top of my mothers grimoire. I could hear the sound echo throughout the crystal caves library. I let out a heavy breath wondering what I am doing wrong?

"Need some help?"

My head snaps over my shoulder startled. I didn't know anyone was here. Let alone witnessing my epic failed attempt at a conjuring spell.

"How long have you been standing there for?"

"Long enough to know you need help."

He chuckles as he makes his way from the entrance of the library and towards me.

"I'm glad you find my frustration amusing."

I say sarcastically with an eye roll.

"Me? never."

He smiles.

"So, what are you trying to conjure exactly?"

"My sais."

"Sais? Really? That's your weapon of choice?"

"Hunter, said sais are a great choice of weapon. Only a skilled fighter can use them."

I say with pride.

Kai chuckles again.

"Yeah, sure he did."

"What? What's so bad about sais? What weapon do you have??"

"A sword or mallet."

"Of course, you would."

I laugh.

"What swords are badass and a mallet is a pretty nifty weapon if you know how to work it."

"Okay, barbarian."

I joke.

"Barbarian? Really?"

Kai laughs.

"Well, in that case whatever you say Rafael."

My mouth drops open with shock and amusement.

"The ninja turtles are badass okay."

I laugh and jokingly push his arm and he smirks in response.