Chapter 107 Chloe Barton.

When your eyes finally prise themselves open you glance at the time on your cell phone, it's midday.
Steve lies in the same perfect position snoring softly, it would be a shame to wake him, but you are desperate to see Bucky.
You place your lips gently on his parted mouth feeling his smile twitch against them.
"Good morning Captain." you whisper.
His big arms wrap around you, "that's Steve to you, Barton." he chuckles as he flips you onto your back peppering open mouth kisses along your collarbone.
Your heated core begins to pulsate, feeling his hardened self press against you.
As you go to arch your back and push your pelvis against him a sharp pain rushes through your rib cage.
"Fuck!" you gasp, Steves eyes dart open.
"Too soon, I knew it was too soon." he sighs, you can tell he is beating himself up for hurting you.
Taking your hands you lace them around the back of his head, "we can't all have super soldier healing powers Rogers, some of us have to do things the human way." you pull his face down to crash your lips against his, slipping your tongue inside inhaling his breath like nectar.
He pulls away blowing through frustration, you feel it too.  It's been so long.
"I've been thinking...maybe we could take a vacation?" He hovers above you waiting for a response.
"I'd like that, I'd really like that!" Unable to contain your enthusiasm. This is exactly what you need. There's no fight, no threat. So why shouldn't you act like a normal couple?
He dips his head down encapsulating your lips, "good." He hums.
You run your hands through his messy hair, "but first..."
"Bucky." He grins, always understanding you.
He gets you.

***
Sam touches the Quinjet down in Wakanda, you had only ever heard about it on the news.  The people of Wakanda were private about their country, careful not to divulge too much to the rest of the world. You only knew it existed.
Steve and Sam had had a run in with the King, T'Challa. They had soon become friends and trusted colleagues. From what you could tell Tony wasn't overly keen but that was probably because he couldn't obtain their secrets. He hated anyone who was smarter than he was, and the tech here was incredible.
Steve grabs his hold-all from an overhead compartment. You flash Sam a grateful smile as he pulls the handle up on your cabin case, "so vacation huh?" He wiggles his eyebrows humorously.
"Get your mind out of gutter Sammy." You nudge his ribs.
"Chloe Barton, has two near death experiences finally tamed you?"
"The beast can't be tamed Samuel." You wink throwing him a salute as you depart via the ramp at the back of the plane.

"Miss Barton, it's an honour to meet you." The king stands before you, his rich eyes gleaming in the warm sun.
"Uh...mister...s-sir...the honours all mine." You dip your head falling into a half curtesy.
He grabs your arm pulling you back up, "we don't do that here." He brushes his lips on the back of your hand, "please don't be nervous." He links his arm with yours, showing you into a huge glass building, far more grand than The Avengers Tower. But you would never admit that to Tony.

You walk into a spectacular laboratory, and that's when you see him. Bucky.
He sits on the edge of a table, his left arm has been removed completely. He hasn't noticed you yet. You didn't mean to but you turn your back and head towards to the exit, a little bit of fear mixed with sadness taking over and controlling you.
Steve's hand slips into yours, "c'mon, you can do this." He pulls you in kissing your hair.
"If at any time you want to leave then say the word." You nod, comforted by him.

As your approached Bucky you offered a small nervous smile, your heart broke for him. He didn't ask for any of this, everything that had happened to him was because of someone else, was because someone had manipulated his mind. They stole it from him, and abused their power leaving him like a ticking time bomb. Your government had failed him, they wanted him exterminated. They didn't see him as human, they didn't see him at all.
T'Challa and his sister Shuri (who by the way you are completely obsessed with), explained to you and Steve what they were going to do to help him, you done your best to listen but your brain wasn't retaining anything. It wasn't until Steve flung his arm gently around Bucky that you realised you had been holding Bucky's hand.
"You're sure about this?" Steve asked, his lips pressed into a thin line.
Bucky squeezed your hand giving it back to Steve, "I can't trust my own mind," he sighed as a machine whirred, filling him with the last of the nutrients he would need to survive being cryogenically frozen.
You walk between his legs tucking strands of his long hair behind his ear, pressing your lips against his forehead.
You trust his mind, it's not his mind that's the danger. It's what HYDRA put there. His mind is perfect to you.
"You're gonna be fine Buck, and we'll be here when you thaw." You wink playfully at him, trying to lighten the mood.
He chuckles in return, "I'm sorry Chloe for hurting you, again."
You shake your head vigorously dismissing his apology, "it wasn't you."
"I'll miss you, both of you." Bucky's half hearted smile strikes pain in your chest and you try your best to hold back sobs.
Your hand finds Steve's once more, and as you watch Bucky being placed into a glass chamber he pulls you into his chest. Bucky closes his eyes peacefully as the rush of cold blows over his body.
You can't watch any more, burying your head into Steve.
That's when you let go.
Tears streaming down your face.
Unsure when you'll see Bucky again.