Chapter 96 Chloe Barton and the party part 2

Tony stands at the bar after enjoying watching you avoid all of the men at the party, "dirty martini and you see that crazy lookin' chick rushing over here she'll take a bourbon...neat." Straightening his bow tie he prepares himself for the tongue lashing you are about to give him.
He knew that your conversation with him and Thor was too tame, wasn't Chloe style. You had a lot more to say and he unfortunately was in the firing line, mostly because he put himself there.
He slides a hundred dollar bill into the glass set out for tips, and breathes deeply.
"You Stark...you are the most manipulative...I can't even...god why are you such a dick?" You slap him on the shoulder with force, "you with the sexy dress that you knew I would hate and the party and the men...you planned this whole thing."
He bats your fist away from him, "Okay ow...drink?" He slides the glass over to you, and you sink it in one gulp.
"I thought you deserved some fun." He smirks sipping his own drink.
"No no no, you did this for your own amusement." He starts to giggle, "this isn't funny Tone, I swear - I sweaaaaar I'm gonna end up back in prison for muder." You pinch the bridge of your nose agitated, glaring at him through your lashes.
He shakes his head in mocking disbelief, "murder...who? Me? Its me isn't it?"
You signal for two shots of tequila, "fucking Sharon and then you." Wincing as you sink the two drinks.
Tony bobs his head mockingly, "Ahhh yes, Sharon. That fucker," he gazes across as her, flicking her blonde hair over her shoulder and laughing at something Rhodey has said, "whats your beef with her anyway?" He finishes his drink and nibbles on the olives.
You wish you could tell him everything, but you can't do it. You're scared that no one will believe you. Terrified that you will lose them all and that they'll take her side.
God sometimes you wish you'd stayed in Bucharest.
Everything was easier there.
Well, for the most part.
"I need some air, y'coming?" Tony asks the bar tender for two more to take outside, "BRING THE FUCKING BOTTLE!" You snap harshly.
Tony smiles apologetically and throws another hundred into the glass tucking the bottle under his arm.

You stand outside enjoying the fresh air and a break from the noise, you only wish your brain would shut up.
"Whats the problem Chloe, you have the pick of the litter in there." All this man thinks about is sex, playboy indeed!
You shove against his chest, "listen prick! I'm your friend! You can't just pimp me out!"
He hands you the bottle and you force yourself to take a huge swig trying not to gag as the liquor burns your throat.
He squints screwing his face up, "I wouldn't say pimp, thats a little controversial."
You wipe away some stray tequila from your lips, "Really? Well what would you say?" You fold your arms unenthusiastically waiting for an answer.
Nothing he can say will make this seem better.
He cocks his mouth to the side smugly grinning at you, "I'd say its more like being strategically place in a pool of dic-" you throw your hand across his mouth in disgust.
"Do NOT finish that sentence!" You throw a punch at his shoulder and storm off.
Shuddering at his graphic description of the situation he has bestowed upon you.
Such a meddler.
"Hey Barton!" He calls after you and you throw up your middle finger, trying not to trip in these god forsaken heels.
"Seriously Barton..." he calls again and you turn rolling your eyes at him, you throw your arms out inviting him to continue, "go talk to Nat, she's been feeling rather snubbed lately. And we both know you don't wanna piss off a widow!" He sends you a wink, you dip your head respectfully.
He's right you had been intentionally snubbing her.
Out of sheer guilt...so here goes nothing.
You head over to the cocktail bar where she is being shown a few moves by the mixologist.

"Hi." You sit on the stool in front of her offering her a shameful smile, "I...uh..."
She shakes the cocktail mixer, "you look like you could use a drink Chloe."
You sigh reluctantly, "I'm sorry."
"For what?" She winks, sulking wasn't her style.
"Avoiding you." You look down into the glass as she pours an luminous pink drink into it.
"I get it, no harm no foul Chloe...just don't do it again m'kay?" She pops a tiny red umbrella into the drink, wiggling her eyebrows for you to taste.
You take a bigger gulp than you should have, the sickly sweet liquid drawing in your cheeks painfully.
Natasha bobs her head waiting for your approval, "it tastes like pink." You shrug downing the rest and tapping the glass for a refill.

"You having fun baby?" She asks flirtatiously, her juicy lips painted a soft red twist into a coy smile.
You roll your eyes slumping deeper into the stool resting your elbows on the bar.
"Oh yeah...I'm having a fucking blast!" Growling as you tilt your head to look around the room, "Loki to the left, Steve to the right...Bucky in the middle. Fuck my life." A self deprecating scoff forces out of your chest, you stare Natasha down waiting for some female advice.
She jerks her head towards the pool table, "and look at Clint, scolding any one who looks in your direction." You're ashamed to admit you didn't even know he was here, spinning on your stool to see him you chuckle, his brows are furrowed as he glares at Steve, burning holes into his back with his eyes.
He spins the wooden pool cue in his hand rapidly, "what is he...is he whittling stakes?" You shake your head, rolling your eyes as you spin back round to Nat, who has now made an luminous green cocktail.

You grab and down it, HOLY FUCK!!
You choke back on the sour taste, "tastes like GrEeN." You cough out spluttering everywhere.
Nat slides you a napkin to wipe your face.
"You think anyone would notice if I slipped out?" You tilt your head to the elevator that sits a few feet away.
You need to leave.
This is not fun for you at all.
"You just need to enjoy it, and forget about the boys." Her calming voice attempting to settle your anxieties.
"The boys are making me want to shoot up." Mumbling as you pick at the skin around your nails, Natasha slams her palm down on the bar, "too soon?" you send her a cautious smile.
"Too soon." She makes her way from behind the bar, "you and Steve need to talk, and soon. Before its too late."
You look down into the empty glass, "its already too late, he's moved on and I'm not in the right place."
Your eyes brim with tears, you really thought he was the one.
"C'mon...you guys don't end here." She sips her drink looking around the party, "ah...I'll leave you two to talk." She turns on her heel and walks away.
"What?" You turn following her as she wiggles herself across the floor.
He rest himself against the bar simpering at you gently.
"Romanoff get back here!" You hiss, she spins around winking at you then disappears into the crowd.
"Hi.." Steve tilts his head gently, his ocean eyes burning your skin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drop a wee vote if you are enjoying this! Also check out my other stories!