Chapter 59 Chloe Barton - Who The Hell Is Bucky?

All you can do is watch Steve as he fights metal clashing against metal. The sound tearing your ears apart like nails on a chalkboard.
Natasha groans in agony as you attempt to plug her wound, "Chloe, its him...thats...The Winter Soldier..." Her voice strains through worry and pain.
You snap your head round to see Steve battle against him, doing his best to dodge punches.
The Winter Soldier wearing him down, his bionic arm forcing him to his knees. With an almighty thud he kicks Steve off the roof of the car sending him ricocheting onto the asphalt below.
You need to get in there and help, but you can't leave Natasha, she is bleeding out horrifically. You also couldn't move even if you wanted to, you are stuck with fear.
The soldier raises his arm above Steves head throwing down his fist with power, you are so terrified that the gasp that involuntarily escapes you is silent.
Steve dodges the metal fist, all thats left is a hole in the tarmac.
The fight gets closer to you and Natasha, instinctively you grab hold of her jacket and drag her weak body further away from any danger.
Hiding behind another car.
Unable to form any words, as you continue to observe the battle between them through gritted teeth, you pull Nat up and lean her against the car, her eyes drifting in and out. Your mind and vision torn in two directions, between helping your wounded comrade, and watching your boyfriend fight a crazed assassin for his life.
There has to be something you can do.
Standing here with your thumb up your ass isn't helping anyone!!
Natasha is bleeding out from the slug in her shoulder, barely hanging on. Sam is missing, presumed fuckin' dead for all you know and Steve is amidst the one on one combat battle of his life, and your legs are made from lead.
You kneel by Natasha assessing the damage, the piece of tshirt you have stuffed into the hole seems to have stemmed the bleeding, but for how long.
Your eyes instantly search for Steve and somehow his shield has been embedded into the side of a gun metal grey van, he makes a run for it.  Blood drips from his eyebrow. You want to shout, you want to yelp, fuck you'd settle for a whimper but nothing comes out.
You are frozen.
Its hand to hand now, as Steve tries to reach his only weapon, his shield. The Winter Soldier has the upper hand now, and you fear that he'll best Steve. But all you can do is watch.
Steve is thrown against the van, the force taking the breath from him, as he lunges forward to grab for his opponent, TWS pulls out a long sharp blade, he takes his boot and thrusts it into Steves abdomen forcing him back to the van again, coming at his face with the blade.
Steves razor sharp reflexes allow him to block the attack, as he fights against the sharp tip, forcing The Soldiers hands back. The metal arm giving extra weight behind the stab the knife plunges forward towards Steve.
Everything moves in slow motion you thrust your head into Natasha's lap she wilts over your bowed head, even in her weakened state her first instinct is to comfort and protect you.
Slowly opening one eye preparing yourself for the  horror that awaits, all you can see is a gash in the side of the van, Steve is mid air as he has flipped from an obvious take down, he races to pull his shield free.
A short breath of relief tips from your lungs, only to be corroded by crippling fear.
The Winter Soldier attacks him furiously with the blade, swiping from every angle, relentlessly flips and stabs at Steves body, missing every time.
Steve swings his shield round digging it ferociously into the inner gears of the bionic arm.
He stands stunned, as he tries to regain control of the inner workings, throwing his head back to collide with Steves skull.
Steve brings his shield forward pressing the vibranium hard against The Soldiers shoulder, almost as though he is  trying to detach the arm altogether.
TWS fights against him, and in a flash second Steve spins himself, grabbing his head from behind and flips him over his shoulder as though he weighed no more than an arrow.
Landing about 10 feet from where Steve stands, the mask that had been covering the bottom half of his face rocks on the ground. You watch Steve as he catches his breathe, anticipating the next move.
Nothing.
No sound from anywhere.
No air.
No movement.
You wait, to see this mysterious assassin.
His face falls, confused.

The colour drains from Steves face, his mouth hangs open in complete shock.
His brows knitted together, he looks totally dumbfounded.
"Bucky?" He gasps in revelation.
The Winter Soldier turns to face Steve dead on, looking right at him raising his gun, "who the hell is Bucky?" aiming it at Steve's skull.
You snap your head round to Natasha, who looks as baffled as you, you help her up and scramble to the abandoned armoured truck that hauled the gun men and The Winter Soldier.
From the sky Sam flies down in his wing suit, knocking the soldier to the ground, "got you cap!" He catches his feet on the ground at a run.
The Soldier jumps back up, only a few feet from Steve this time, his eyes flitting from side to side. His chest moving deeply as he pants through an air of vulnerability.
He looks quickly at you, and then back at Steve raising his gun once more, finger squeezing the trigger.
Steve doesn't move a muscle, his body frozen in disbelief.
You grab the nearest weapon you can find, which so happens to be a rocket launcher, fumbling around with the switches having absolutely NO clue how to work this fucking thing, you eventually fire an RPG over Steves shoulder as he drops to the ground holding his shield above his head, it narrowly misses him exploding the red sedan next to The Winter Soldier, when the smoke and dust settles he is gone.  No where to be seen.
You look down to Nat who is bleeding out again, "do you know that psychopath?" You ask fearfully as you press hard on her wound.
She shakes her head weakly from side to side, drifting in and out of consciousness.
"Steve!" You scream in panic as her eyes close.
He rushes to your side, looking over his shoulder the entire time.
Having him next to you releases something inside of you, tears stream down your face, creating lines in the residue of dirt and debris.
"Who was that Steve?"
Its unsettling, your voice doesn't quiver. It remains strong, but the tears wont stop.

The sound of the sirens get louder, the four of you flee the scene.  Steve carries Natasha's limp body as she bleeds out leaving a trail of red blood drips on the blacktop.