Chapter 32 Chloe

Upon hearing the familiar thump of Thor landing on the towers roof you look over to see Loki asleep on his bed, you kiss him gently on the cheek and sweep a strand of his black hair from his face.
Saying goodbye silently as you walk out the cell door one last time. 
Passing Thor in the hallway you nod at him, not stopping to speak, unable to form any sort of conversation, holding back tears trying not to let out a loud sob.
Storming along the corridor you replay the entire evening in your head, over and over again, never wanting to forget a single moment. If you replay it enough it'll stay in your memory forever right?
Then it hits you, deep in the pit of your stomach, the cameras. Tony checks them every night, Steve could watch them whenever he wants. Feeling like you have betrayed him, poor Steve. What have you done? How can your feelings be so strong for Loki, and Steve?
What a cunt you are. How could you have done this?
You run to Tony, he can help, he will delete the footage surely.  Your mind races as you run to the lab, Tony will fix this. Who are you kidding, he'll watch it and ridicule you for the rest of your life over it. FUCK! Clint. What if Tony sends Clint the footage! Surely not. No way. He wouldn't. Would he?
Fucking hell!
The person you are most terrified of seeing the footage is Steve, this will cut him deep. You imagine Steve sitting at the surveillance computer, watching you as Loki spreads your legs, delving into your pus... STOP!! Shaking your head to get rid of that image. Guilt ripples through your body again, poor Steve.
You begin to think of Loki leaving, what will Thor be saying to him? Will he read him his rights, do they do that?
You imagine him in shackles, feeling sick to your stomach, your gentle Loki being taken away from you. You forget all about the guilt for Steve for the moment, as you take a breath pain washes over you. Gripping onto the wall, barely holding on, beginning to sob your lip trembles forcing you to take deep breaths. You need to find Stark.
Walking this time, you keep on going round the tower, not focusing on where exactly you are going, taking the long way to compose yourself.
"Tony! Tony!" Shouting as you near the lab, you hear his radio blaring 80's rock, drowning out your yelling.
As you enter the lab you are faced with the  oddest sight, Tony is surrounded by robots, which are attaching new parts of his Iron Man armour to him, struggling to get them in the right place because Tony is busy dancing to Back in Black. One of the robots attaches the crotch piece a little too firmly and Tony yells "Whoah! Buy me a drink first will ya!"  
You stand observing for a minute, trying to figure out what to say while Tony is obviously having such an intimate moment with his toys.
"Uhh Stark?" You decide to interrupt, you need him.  The hilarity of what you just witnessed wears off quickly as you remember that Loki has probably been taken by now.
Tony turns round still being worked on by the robots, a cheeky grin spreads across his face, brown hair messy, still undeniably handsome though, "well lets face it Chloe, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing." And he was right. It is the strangest, but not the worst!
You try your best to fake a smile, feeling the sadness and the tears wash over you again you turn your back on him, once again attempting to compose yourself. Bending over taking deep breaths, not wanting to show any emotion in front of Tony, you stand back up straight and turn around to find him standing behind you, a concerned look stricken across his face.
Brows knitted together, he folds his arms ready to listen "Whats up kid, why the long face?" He presses his lips together.
Trying to keep yourself together you manage to force out the words "Loki is gone," and as the words escape you burst into a flood of tears, struggling to breathe. Its easy to deal with your pain inside your head, over analyse, and compartmentalise, but as soon as you say the words out loud, the pain becomes real.
Tony watches you, confused "and thats upsetting?" Honestly in this moment you could punch him right in his face "I don't understand, the God of Murder has gone home." True Tony fashion, making a joke out of other peoples misfortune, how dare he talk about your Loki like that, "this is good Chlo, you can stop babysitting him now." My god, for a self professed genius he is really fucking dense.
You stop yourself from decking him, and take another deep breath, not that they are helping you in the slightest, in fact the only thing that would help you right now is a hit of some street grade heroine, the shitty kind, the Russian roulette kind, might kill you, might not.
You scratch your arm and take a seat on Tonys lab chair, picking the skin around your nails you look up at him, trying your best to find the right words to say.
"I think I love him Tony, I'm not sure." Tony looks surprised, but not as surprised as you. When you thought about it in your head you were sure you loved him, but when you tried to say the words something stopped you from being sure. "I'm a fucking idiot Stark, I'm a mess!" He stares at you wide eyed, baffled not knowing how to reply.
Throwing your arms up frustrated with his silence you yell at him "Help me! Tell me what to do!"
You look at him longingly, waiting for his sarcastic rebuttal, another 'God of' joke.
He pulls a chair over and sits in front of you, putting his hand on top yours, trying to comfort you.  His face is calm, his mouth turned up at the corner into a half smile, he gives your hand a little squeeze, "I can't tell you what to do here kid, all I know is you got a lot to offer a man, or woman," he raises his eyebrows and flashes his mischievous smile at you, "but you've also got a lot to work on, in here,' he taps your head, "and in here," he touches your chest indicating your heart. Who knew Tony Stark was so profound, he knows you are at war with your feelings, he knows you better than you know yourself. He gets up off of his chair and steps back onto his robot platform, leaving you feeling marginally better about your internal war. Nodding and smiling at him, appreciating his candour, and maturity about the situation you head for the door.

"Don't fall for the first mass murderer you meet!" Tony shouts before you reach the door. There he is.
Maturity levels of a high school teenage boy.