Chapter 101 Chloe and everyone else...The end of the night part 2.

Steve:
Feeling sick to the absolute pit of your stomach you let go of Chloe's arm. Tears pool in her eyes, her body deflated as she searches for someone. For Bucky.
If what he has said is true then...
Oh god.
What have you done?
You turn slowly to face Sharon, "what did you do?" Your plan was to keep your voice calm and soft but when you saw Sharon's face you couldn't help but fume.
"Is it...true?" Not that you doubted it for a second but you needed to hear it from her mouth.
You had betrayed Chloe, you knew being seen with Sharon would hurt her.
And you'll never stop feeling guilty about that. It was wrong.
Sharon walks towards you placing her hand gently on your chest rubbing the dark blue fabric of your shirt between her finger and thumb, "of course not!" She exclaims her blue eyes widen with fear, you hear the beat of her heart pick up rapidly as the room quietens, everyone gathering round.
Sharon wipes away a dry tear, "They must be confused." You move her hand from you chest and drop it by her side. You can barely look at her.
Chloe let's out a weary laugh, "oh shut the fuck up!" She sobs trudging closer to you and Sharon, Bucky grabs her wrist but not holding her back almost like he is trying to give her strength.

Chloe:

How can Sharon stand there and deny this.
Is everyone seeing through her?
Steve looks like a dear in the headlights, but it feels like he's on you side.
Bucky's hand rubs your wrist gently, you need him.
"You hated what Steve and I had..." you had tried to hold back the tears but having the truth finally come out has released a wave of emotions.
You feel free.
Sharon looks around the room shaking her head scoffing.
"Just stop with the fucking lies Carter." You inhale sharply trying to control the anger.
She tilts her head to the side inching closer.
Bad move, because the closer she gets the more you want to fucking kill her.
"I don't know what you are talking about Chloe." She looks across to Clint furrowing her brows, "I think she's high. Look at her eyes."
Clint wipes away his own tears getting to his feet angrily with his fists clenched.
But you're at your boiling point, "I should have kicked you down those stairs when I had the chance Carter!" You stand in front of her nose to nose you fist balled ready to connect with her face. Just as you draw your arm back ready for the inevitable impact she moves back a little.
An evil smirk flickers in the corner of her mouth, "go on Chloe! Show them all what you're really made of..."

Tony Stark:

Sharon chuckles, "I should have loaded that needle with poison instead."
You hear Rhodes gasp behind you, you put up your hand to halt any movements. Sharon Carter has unawarely admitted to her crimes, but you are curious to see how much further she will go before she realises.
You watch as Chloe's fist relaxes.
"Sharon you're not worth the energy it would take to swing." She fold her arms across her chest smugly.
Thats what you call growth.
That there...is character arc.
You wink at Clint who is itching to dive on Sharon at any given moment, he gives you a nod folding his arms proudly, mimicking his sisters.

Steve:

She admitted it, she hasn't realised it yet. But its true.
Not that you ever doubted Chloe or Bucky.
Chloe was right, what you had with her was so amazingly different. She had called out Agent Carter from the beginning, you wish you hadn't been fooled.
Sharon sniggers, "the worst mistake I ever made was stopping Rumlow from blowing your brains out Barton."
Wait...
You had been so focused on everything else you hadn't thought about Rumlow and his little obsession with Chloe.
Different unspeakable scenarios begin to rush through your mind.
What if he...
No.
You can't.
Sharon gets up to leave.

Chloe:

"Is that right Sharon?" You yell after her letting out s breathy laugh, "you're just pissed that Cap couldn't bear to dip into your boring pot of vanilla. So he chose me instead." Natasha lets out a hearty chuckle from the corner of the room, you feel a hand on your shoulder.
Clint's familiar wedding band gleaming in the light, tilting your head up you give him a grateful smile.

Sharon spins on her heel in a rage, "and look where it got you Chloe, dateless at your own party. You're always so much more fun when you are high, here I got Hydras dealer on speed dial."
A sea of mouths hang open at her sealed testimony.
Its over.
Your entire body relaxes in relief.
Rhodey steps in front of her holding the top of her arm tightly, "Sharon Carter, you are under arrest." If a smile could air punch then his would have.

"Can we let Chloe kick her ass first?" Bucky smirks throwing back his scotch.
Natasha wraps her arm around your shoulder, "let me do it, five minutes is all I need with the bitch."
You peck her on the cheek, "fuck her, she isn't worth it."
Bucky hands you a scotch as you all watch Rhodey escort Sharon out of the building.
"She'll get hers in jail, believe me." You mutter under your breath.
If theres one thing you're the expert on in this group, its jail.
Clint pulls you in closer to him, "I have never been so proud Chlo." He whispers.
It swells your heart.

Steves fingers brush yours as he tries to get your attention, "Chloe."
You offer him a sad smile, "its okay Steve.  We'll talk another time."
He steps round your body, "no...I owe you an apology." His eyes are wide with guilt.
"Tomorrow." You touch his hand absentmindedly feathering your fingers on his palm.

You inhale sharply turning to Tony, "its my word against hers!" You panic flitting towards him.
Tony rests his hands on your shoulders, "JARVIS, did you get all that?"

JARVIS: I did sir, shall I forward it on to Senator Ross?

"That would be excellent JARVIS."

Its over. Its so fucking over.
You can breathe again.
Maybe even start your life again.