Chapter 103 - Its All About To Go To Shit, Again.

Steve:

You storm into the compound meeting Natasha at the door, Sam rushing by your side.
"What happened?" The urgency in your voice not easily contained when you get a call like this.
You had been out a run with Sam when you heard that Bucky's reintegration session took a turn for the worst.
Natasha shakes her head eyes widened with fear, "they were going through the words, the triggers. For a minute it looked like he was going to be able to hold onto himself, but something snapped." Her voices hitches.
Fuck.
"And Chlo-?" you stutter trying to keep your composure, "Barton, where was she?"
She had been working closely with Bucky and the various therapists, she was dead set against anyone touching him.

"Why fix what isn't broken?" She brushed back hair away from his face chewing her bottom lip.

You watched as he took hold of her hand, "Chloe, it is broken. All of it, all of me. Its chewed up. I want them to try."
She nodded acceptingly.

When the Doctor began going through his memories, Bucky recalled your childhood and all the things you missed about that life.
Chloe slid her hand into yours and held a firm grip on your forearm as she watched by your side.
"This is so fucked." She whispered, "I fucking hate all of this." She found being uncomfortable situations hard to bear, she lacked the necessary skills to deal with them.
That was okay, because you were here to help her through it.

Natasha leads you both along the corridor, "she wasn't in the room, the doc felt like he couldn't talk freely with her there. He didn't want to trigger her PTSD." You wince at the word remembering that she too is suffering from a tortured mind, and body.

"Who's with her?"
Natasha points to the door, "Tony and Chloe are in the conference room. Shes okay Steve, I promise."
The door slides open, Tony holds his hand up gesturing for a minute. He has his cell phone to his ear, you can hear Senator Ross's voice on the other end.
This is not good.
Tony puts his hand over the receiver while Ross's yells blast out, "Rogers, Barnes cut lose. He's managing to stay hidden. JARVIS can't locate him."

Chloe jumps from a seat in the corner, "Steve...its bad. He's killed three guards already. Its fucked. He's fucked." Her breathing is ragged and frantic, shes amidst a panic attack. You place a hand on her shoulder readying yourself to calm her down, but Tony has other ideas.

Tony:
Chloe is spiralling out, her eyes begin to gloss over as her rapid breathing picks up. You remember that feeling all too well, the pains in your chest.
Shoving Steve to the side before he starts his pandering bullshit, you move in.
"Alright Hawkeye Jr, you need to calm down. We don't have time for this." You brush a cold sweat from her brow and pull her face close to yours, "we have to fix this, and once its over then you can unpack as much emotional bullshit as you want. Hell I'll even let you fire arrows at my head, but right now we need to band together and save Barnes."
She bobs her head up and down, "okay." She pants out.
Steve exhales deeply, "what do you need? 
You sit on the edge of the table, "I need you and a team to locate him, he's gotta be close by or someone would have reported him by now."

Chloe runs her hands through her blonde hair scraping it in to a high ponytail, "this was supposed to rehabilitate him, it was the only reason Ross let him stay here." She shakes her head wiping away the tears of panic that have settled on her cheeks.

You shake your cell phone, "we need to contain this."
The senators raged voice still booming.

"I'll find him, how long can you give me." Steve reaches for his shield.
"Not long enough." You look shamefully at Chloe, shes probably the only person that can get through to Bucky, so you'll have to put her in harms way again.
"Take Barton with you." You regret the words instantly.
As the two of them head out the door to meet Sam you call Steve back, "its better if we get to him first." Your eyes bore into him, trying to make him understand.

Just as the doors slide shut the building goes dark the power dying.

Once the emergency generators kick in the dim lights illuminate the rooms poorly.

Chloe:

"Well shit...I think he's found us instead."
Fuck.
This isn't good.
Your heart beats so fast that it doesn't feel like its moving at all.
"Stay alert." Steve asserts as you, Tony and Sam follow his lead out of the conference room.
The place falls into darkness again as the light flickers.
"You are a fucking billionaire Stark, and you couldn't put decent back up generators in this place." You hiss as Tony walks behind you.
"I'm sorry!" He puffs back fumbling with his pockets.
You shrug your shoulders, "I'm not mad, just disappointed."
"Focus up!" Steve grunts angrily. 
The lights begin to flicker again, you all follow Steve into another dimly lit office area. A group of swat guards that Tony had deployed lie unconsciously scattered around the floor.
You panic for a moment reaching down to press against one of their necks checking for a pulse, you breath a deep sigh of relief.
"Alive." You whisper to Steve, he nods in response.

You take a second to breathe.

"You good?" Sam's large hand slaps your back before reaching down to help you off the ground.
Offering him the flicker of a semi assured smile you move on following Steve.
The lights flicker again.
You could hear a pin drop in the eery silence.
Just before the lights come back up in an attempt to steady themselves you hear the familiar mechanical whir.
Spinning around to see the metal of Bucky's fist connect with Steve forearm as he blocks the punch.
Steve pulls back his own arm and rally's it forward towards Bucky's jaw in an bone crunching shudder as it lands itself perfectly.
Bucky raises his bulky thigh launching his foot through Steves core thrusting him backwards disintegrating a wall as he collapses through it.

"BUCKY!" You scream ripping your vocal chords, "STOP!"

Tony:

You grab Chloe by the scruff of her neck as she races towards the battle between Steve and Bucky, you can't let her go through that again.
And she would, without a second thought to her own safety she would put herself between them again.
But not just for Steves sake, but for Bucky's too.
You weren't there to save her before, but you sure as shit will be this time.
She kicks and screams along the corridor as you trail
her into hiding.
"Fuck you Stark." She hisses.
Your mouth twists to the side, as much as it pains you to miss out on the fight and leave Rogers and Wilson there to deal with it, it would hurt you more if anything happened to her.
"Sorry kid...can't let you do it." You pin her against your body. Gripping her tightly as possible as she thrashes around trying to break free.

Please god Rogers, win this fucking fight.