Chapter 94 Chloe Barton

"Tony!!!!" You scream over the 80's rock blaring throughout his lab, "ccan you...just...will you... fucking hell!!! Stand still!" You chase him around while he flits about excitedly fussing over tech and and things you don't understand.
If it ain't a bow and arrow or a knife you don't need to know.
"Keep up kid!" He spins around hyperactively.
The way he is moving around makes you dizzy, and frustrated.
You came here to talk, but he's clearly on something.
Reaching out you try and grab his arm as he whizzes passed you, "Tony! Whatever drugs you're on can I have some?" You yell as he avoids your grasp.
He throws you the dirtiest of dirty looks whilst remaining in this buzzed state.
"Tony!! Stop, just for a minute please." You had this whole convincing speech prepared, you can feel it slipping away.
He thrusts a camera into your hands, "ew gross...why do you have this down here?" Your lip curls in disgust.
The thing with Tony is that you never know why he has or does anything.
He faffs about with the buttons and raises your arms positioning you like a tripod, "I've come up with a new design, just hold this riiiiiiight here." He starts dancing around in front of the lens, waving his hands around frantically to the beat of the music in the background, "I want to run something past you." He winks cheekily.

His energy is always so infectious and for a moment you forget why you came down here. Now finding yourself wrapped up in whatever insane project Tony has going on down here, "what is it?"
You sigh reluctantly.
What the hell has him so excited.
"Well it's your birthday soon, woohoo twenty two!" He winks into the camera pleased with his unintentional rhyme, "and its also Christmas soon..."
You narrow your eyes where is he going with this, "so I wanna throw a party in your honour, and in the honour of our Lord Jesus Christ." He mockingly blesses himself.
Oh come on...
"A party?" You drop the camera slightly, "you really want my permission to throw a party?" Tony moves it back up to the perfect angle.
He sniggers, "aaah well...its really more of a formality really since I have already organised absolutely everything, and all you need to do is show up!" He flashes that famous perfectly whitened Tony Stark smile at you.
If you were being totally honest you had forgotten to forget that your birthday was coming up. It was about to be the first one in five years that you spent outside of bars.
The first one spent with family, sort of.
It would have been the first with a boyfriend...if you hadn't fucked it all up.
You always pushed it to the back of your mind and celebrated by yourself with your own self loathing eating away at you. But not this time, this time you forgot to forget to remember.
You only wish every one else would have forgotten.
Tony skips back over to you lifting the camera back to his preferred angle, "Hold it straight please," he wiggles himself around, "I just think it would loosen everyone up, bring the team back together." His enthusiasm is infectious, just not enough.
You shake your head.
No.
He arches his brow at your lack, "Tony I...do you think this is a good idea?"
He steps in front of you pushing the camera down so your eyes can meet, you forget that he is only a little taller than you around the same height as Clint, "absolutely I do, you deserve a little fun Chlo." It hyperactivity calms for a second while he steps into best friend mode, his voice sincere.
While he is still you remember that you came here to ask him for something, "I'll think about it, but I need to ask you for something first."
He runs away from you standing in his circular landing pad type thing.
He has a technical term for it you just never listened.
"J.A.R.V.I.S drop my needle, question time is over Baby Barton." He starts bucking his hips and clicking his fingers to Back In Black by AC/DC.
Suddenly random pieces of red and gold armour that lay idle on a desk next to you start moving on their own, "why is this doing that?" You point to it moving away cautiously as other parts start to twitch.
"Watch and learn..." he sways his hips clearly overly impressed with himself.
He begins dancing gyrating his hips as a smug smile creeps over his face, "genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.  Emphasis on the genius."
"Oh wow Stark, the BeeGees called. They want their dance moves back." You chortle.
"Watch it!" He throws his finger out pointing at you, all the while keeping the dancing going.
More parts start jumping on the desk and you turn your head to watch them, "Hey! Don't blink or you'll miss it!" He teases, straining as he closes his eyes.

"Why are you making that face? It looks like you are taking a dump." You zoom in on his face with the camera, zooming back out quickly when you hear the clinking of the metal parts behind you.
Parts of the suit rapidly fly off the desk whizzing past you. They attach themselves to Tonys body separately soon his right arm and left leg are completely encased in his Iron Man suit.
"HAHA!" He yells overly excited, "please tell me you got that!?" He jumps up and down impressed with himself.
You nod, mouth hanging open.
He really is a fucking genius.
"Party...don't be late." You set the camera down mesmerised by his new tech shaking your head in disbelief as you leave the lab, "Oh Chloe! I'd wash your hands if I were you." He winks cheekily.
"Oh gross!" You heave holding them out not wanting to touch anything.
The dirty bastard.