Chapter 15 Chloe Barton/Hawkeye Jr

The streets of New York are being ravished by an extra terrestrial army, Thor calls them the Chitauri. They are impossible to keep up with, you kill one, ten more come through the portal. Its exhausting, but the adrenaline soaring through your veins is exhilarating. Iron Man zips through the sky blasting as much as he can, Thors hammer is a force to be reckoned with, he throws it and it kills 6 at a time and comes right back to him, definitely NOT a novelty piece of foam. Watching Steve in action is surreal, he is fearless, and almost unstoppable.
Natasha is as human as you, no serums, no special powers or suit of armour, yet she hasn't stopped for a breath, not once.
You fire your arrows, never missing, but the Chitauri keep coming, every time with a bigger weapon or ship.
Buildings are being reduced to rubble, Steve has tried his best to instruct the cops on an evacuation plan, but there are casualties, no matter how much you try to stop it, the collateral damage is severe.

The Chitauri are destroying the city, buildings crumbling before your eyes. Debris falls from the sky, 5 Avengers against hundreds, maybe even thousands, the odds not looking good.
Steve runs toward you with Natasha by his side, you stand back to back with Thor,
"What now Cap?" You shout to him "we need a better plan, so far all we've done is make a mess and get our asses handed to us." Steve pants looking around nodding, you see his mind strategising trying to come up with a better plan. His face dirty, and lip bleeding he looks right at you, failure written in his eyes, the odds were stacked against the team before you even stepped off of the hellicarrier.
Kneeling down to catch your breath and adjust your bow, there is an explosion behind you, and one of the aliens flies towards the group, Steve launches his shield decapitating it, it was so fucking impressive. Its hard to believe that you are fighting along side Captain America.
You look up and the sky is swarming with the army, gigantic spaceships begin squeezing through the vast portal.
Firing one of your exploding arrows into one of them, causing it to descend into a building, reducing it to ash. Hands clasped across your mouth you look at Natasha, guilt ridden, knowing that you will have killed anyone who was in the vicinity. 
"I cleared that building with the cops, it was completely empty," you turn to see Dr Banner behind you, he touches your shoulder reassuringly.
"Okay, thanks Dr Banner." You wipe a small tear from your eye, pretending that it was irritated by the blast. "Call me Bruce, please."

"Barton, set up a perimeter be our eyes in the sky," you nod at Caps order "Thor, use the lightening as much as you need to.  Natasha and I will stay on the ground. Everyone make sure you can hear Chloe on the comms,"
You all nod in agreement, fixing your wrist strap and counting you arrows, Natasha walks over to you blood dripping from her eyebrow, a car explodes behind her, she doesn't even flinch "You alright Chlo?" Bless her for checking on you, because inside you are absolutely terrified, on the outside you are trying to appear calm and focused. "I'm good, dealt with worse." That was a complete lie. This in fact was the worst thing you have ever been involved with. The screams of civilians running for their lives permeates through your body.
"Do you guys feel like joining the party?" You almost forgot about Tony, he soars around a building towards you and the others, a huge whale shaped serpent Chitauri ship, which is the size of around 10 freight trains bombing after him,  your stomach just about falls out of your ass, "INCOMING!" He yells.
"That ain't no fucking party." You kneel, placing one of your exploding arrows into your bow, pulling your arm back, closing one eye ready to aim and fire.
"Banner, time to get angry." Steve commands over the comms,
You try not to let your confusion distract you, and hold your arrow in place waiting for instruction,
Fearlessly Banner walks towards the oncoming ship, "thats my secret Cap, I'm always angry."
"What's he talking about angry? I don't und..."
Before your eyes Banners clothes rip as he morphs, becoming colossal, you stand up, mouth wide open and freeze. Dropping your bow by your side you watch Banner as he takes his humungous fist and power punches it through the nose of the ship, crushing it like it was no more than a tin can.
"Holy FUCKING shit!" Shouting as you watch in awe, quickly firing an arrow up into the sky hitting an alien right on target, "that guys the Hulk?" You hear the team laughing on the comms. 
The attackers coming thick and fast you are firing every which way, never missing, and no longer flinching every time there is an explosion. 
Natasha and Steve are battling 5 aliens by themselves, Nats bullets bouncing right of their armour, Steves shield slicing through them like a hot knife in butter. Reloading her gun Natasha is attacked from behind, you hop on top of a upturned car firing an arrow right through its head, saving her.  She looks at you nods gratefully, and continues to fight alongside Steve. 
The Chituari army just keeps growing, you and the team are fighting a losing battle, you need to get the portal closed.
"Stark where is the portal being controlled from?"
You look up at him as he ascends upwards until he is no more than a red dot in the vast blue of the sky,
"Stark tower, its the highest point. Loki is inside."
You know you need a new plan if you are going to win, your heart is racing uncontrollably as you run towards Steve and Nat seeing that they are under an intense attack, suffocating. 
"We need a formation," you scream "Cap and Romanoff are drowning!"
Thor lands next to them summoning lightning and clearing a path, you sprint as fast as your legs can carry you, lungs stinging, arriving at the same time as Tony and Hulk, putting your backs to one another standing in a circle you prepare for battle.  Accepting that this might be your first and last mission, unless you can get that portal closed.