The Academic Decathlon

The next day, after the four schools left Crystal Prep Academy, at Friendship Academy, the mane eight were getting themselves ready for the Friendship Games, in which the first part of the Friendship Games will be hosted at Crystal Prep.

"Okay, today's the day, the day of the first event of the Friendship Games." Twilight said as she felt a bit nervous.

"You okay, Twilight?" Spike asked with concern. "You seem a bit nervous."

"Well, I am a little nervous, I've never really competed in the games before, and I hardly know what the Friendship Games are like." Twilight said while feeling unsure. "And with the Dazzlings and Prince Flash Sentry accompanying Crystal Prep, it makes me worried that they'll use any type of scheme to beat us."

"Oh no need to get so worked up, Twilight." Rainbow Dash said as she didn't feel all that bothered. "Sure Crystal Prep has smarts, athletics and have are focused on winning, but there's one thing they don't have: friends that stay together until the end, like us."

"Yeah, with our combined friendship, we'll be sure to win." Pinkie Pie said as she felt motivated.

"I hope you're right on that." Starlight said as she felt a little unsure.

Soon after the mane eight finished getting ready, the four schools arrived at the Canterlot Colosseum, where all the events of the Friendship Games are held, Celestia, Luna and Cadence have volunteered to be the judges of the games, Luna then held a megaphone close to her as she begins to talk to the other schools, Leo, Raph, Donnie, Mikey, Casey, Slash and April were in the audience watching them compete and cheering them on.

"Good morning students, I'm sure you're all thrilled to start the first day of the Friendship Games." Luna said through the megaphone. "Our competitors will face off in every aspect of the educational curriculum, culminating in the elimination equation finale."

"Woohoo! Go Wondercolts!!" Mikey shouted with joy. "Go Pinkie Pie!!"

Luna then gave the megaphone to Cadence. "We'd like to welcome all four schools to the first event, the Academic Decathlon!" Cadence said over the megaphone as all four schools glared at each other. "You'll be scored on chemistry, home-ec, and everything in between. But remember, only eight students from each team with the most points will move onto even number two, and the one school with the lowest points, gets cut from the games, good luck!"

As the games began, music began to play as the Wondercolts and the Shadowbolts began to sing about their own plan on winning the games, since the games are mostly between the Wondercolts and the Shadowbolts.

Wondercolts:
Ho! We're gonna take you down!
Down! Down! Down!

Shadowbolts: Oh! We're here to take you out!
Oh oh! We're gonna take you out!
Take you out!

The first competition was an art competition, in which the competitors have to impress the judges with a painting that they created with a partner of their choice.

Wondercolts: We're not about to let you win!
So get out of our way!
Think you got us beat
But we're here to stay!

United strong
Yeah we'll take you down
You're not so tough
Now you're in our town

All of the times
We lost before
Not about to give up
We're only bringin' it more

We can smell your fear
We can see your sweat
Hope you didn't spend money
'Cause you're losing this bet!