A Sudden Ambush & Meet

It's been two years since the girls took over the empires, and it's been a couple of days since they met some new friends in their kingdoms, along with some other new enemies.

Right now, the girls and Spike were at the enchanted forest enjoying a picnic with each other, which is something Fluttershy likes to do whenever she wants to see her friends again and ask them how they're doing.

"Man, it's hard to believe that it's been two years since we took over the fallen empires." Pinkie Pie said as she was eating a muffin.

"I know, so much has changed since we were at the empires." Rarity said as she was putting some nail polish on. "I almost remembered that it was just yesterday, that we were students at Celestia's school and have now graduated into rulers of different empires."

"Not only that, but we also got to meet some new friends too." Fluttershy said as she smiled.

"Yeah, like Leatherhead and Mikey." Pinkie Pie said as she smiled.

"Leatherhead and Mikey?" Starlight Glimmer asked as she was confused.

"Oh, they're these two sea creatures who are really fun to play with, Mikey's an axolotl and Leatherhead is an alligator." Pinkie Pie said as she smiled and then whispered loudly. "A little secret, I happen to have a crush on Mikey."

"Well, now that you mentioned it, I did meet up with Casey again, back at Appleloosa." Applejack said as she smirked. "He was the guy that I met back at the Gala."

"Ooh." The girls and Spike said as they then became interested.

"What happened?" Spike asked as she was interested.

"Well, I was getting a drink after some horseback riding, and that's when I met Casey." Applejack explained. "He helped me take down a couple of bandits, so right now I've been teaching him a few trips on how to take care of the town."

"Aw, that's so sweet." Rarity said sweetly as she smiled. "It's almost as if love is in the air."

Applejack then blushed after Rarity said that. "Look, it isn't what y'all are thinking, alright?" Applejack asked. "Casey is just a friend of mine, and it doesn't go any deeper than that."

"Oh yeah, sure." Rainbow Dash said sarcastically as they the girls and Spike giggled.

"Well, Leo and I have started to bond a bit since he and I met." Twilight said as she smiled. "He's been helping me and Spike around with daily routines, has been able to make some improvements on his speech, and has also been helping some the villagers around with different favors."

"Oh how sweet of him, he sure is quite the gentleman, isn't he?" Rarity asked as she smirked.

"Yeah, I think so." Twilight said as she blushed a bit.

"And speaking of gentleman, have I ever told you about Donnie?" Rarity asked as she finished painting her nails.

"Not really, who is he?" Starlight asked.

"Well, he and his friend, Ocellus are two very kind people." Rarity said as she then blushed. "And to be honest, Donnie seems kind of cute with his hazel brown eyes, and his smooth hair, not to mention he is such a polite man."

"Aw, how sweet." Pinkie said as she smiled.

"Yeah, sweet." Spike said as he felt a bit disappointed in knowing that Rarity might've found someone else that she likes.

"Well, I did also meet this one guy back at the Enchanted Forest." Fluttershy said as she smiled.

"Ooh, tell us everything!" Pinkie said as she became interested.