The Empress Of The Scorching Deserts

Meanwhile, in the dry regions of Equestria, deep within the desert, Sunset Shimmer was riding a camel to get to the kingdom of the Scorching Deserts, while also feeling a bit exhausted from the heat, the desert was dry, there were a few mountains and cliffs and there was barely any wild life seen, other than the camel.

"Phew, forgot how hot deserts can be." Sunset said as she wiped her forehead and looked at the camel. "I'm surprised you guys can withstand this heat."

Then, as they made it up a sandy hill, Sunset noticed something in front of her, it looked to be an ancient kingdom, most of the walls were made of hardened clay, there was a river located near the kingdom and there was a giant Egyptian palace.

Sunset rubbed her eyes as she thought she might be seeing a mirage, but she looked, she realized that it was real. "Whoa...I think we made it to Kai's kingdom." Sunset Shimmer said as she seemed a little excited.

So the camel took them to the kingdom, but as they got there, she was shocked to see that most of the people were doing hard labor such as creating statues of some sort of demonic being, lifting up pounds of bricks, carrying loads of building materials and stomping mud in order to create bricks.

But what shocked her the most was that there were men dressed in black who were hitting the people with whips, and kept ordering them to go faster.

"What is going on?" Sunset asked as she couldn't believe what was in front of her.

"Hey!" A voice was called as a man in black clothing was walking towards Sunset Shimmer. "What are you doing here?!"

"Uh...I was sent by Princess Celestia to help your kingdom and—" Sunset said nervously but was cut off by the man in black clothing.

"Beat it kid! We're in no need of some idiots sent by Canterlot! Now you either scram, or you're gonna have to go into the same labor as all these other fools!" The man in black clothing said as he got out his whip and hit the camel.

Causing it to be scared and run off, which also caused Sunset to fall off the camel by accident and onto the floor. "Ow..." Sunset said as she got on her knees and held her head, she felt annoyed by this. "Someone needs to update their social skills..."

"Quick! Over here!" A whisper was heard as she turned to a man wearing a white robe, who was inside a house, he signaled her to come inside the house.

Sunset got up and went inside the house, where a dozen of the villagers were in, they were each wearing rags and some white clothing. "Hello?" Sunset asked as she looked at the villagers.

"Oh thank heavens you're here." A woman in rags said as she went to Sunset and held her hands. "We were told from a prophet that a person from Canterlot would come and save us."

"Save you? From who?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

"You see, ever since Kai left, we under the protection of our guardian, Pyra, the fire dragon." An elderly man said to Sunset. "But alas, when rogues came and managed to capture Pyra, the village was sent under hard times, and we're forced to work night and day on working statues that honor a demonic creature, known as the Pony Of Shadows, and the pains we had to endure was unbearable."

Sunset felt bad for the villagers, she couldn't imagine the pain they must've through when Kai disappeared. "That's awful..." Sunset said as she frowned.

"We were certain one day, someone from Canterlot would arrive to save us, and now...that day has finally come." The woman in rags said as she smiled.

"Don't worry, I'll do what I can to help you." Sunset said as she smiled. "Where's Pyra?"

"She's up there, inside the Volcano Of Ramses, she chained up by rogues who worship the Pony Of Shadows." The elderly man said as he pointed to a volcano near the village. "No one's ever been brave enough to go up there, or intended to go there, since the place is guarded by rogues."