Stakes are high Water's rough (LietPol)

Start from the beginning

Toris picks his partner's head up and strokes his dirty, gaunt cheeks, his head in his lap. They shaved all the 'prisoners' heads when they arrived, and Feliks looks like a child without his beautiful blonde hair.. In the dark, he presses a firm kiss to his temple. And he wonders how long they'll hold on for.

8). People

"Eek, I do not like, like people!" Feliks says shrilly, holding onto Toris' arm so tightly that the taller man knew it'd leave a mark. "They're all super gross and dirty and like urghh--heathens!"

Toris snickers and Feliks pinches him. "Not cool, Tori. Not. Cool."

9). Throw (*technically* high school AU)

"My. Only. Son. You're throwing your life away... your whole life! And for what?! For-for him? A fucking guy?! You faggot. You're a disgrace."

Toris, terrified, squeezes his boyfriend's fingers tightly till they're maroon. Feliks has his chin up, meeting his angry father's steel gray eyes. "I love him, Papa--you-you don't understand--!"

The man sneers. "Don't bother showing your face here again. You're dead to me." He slams the door, and a tear making his makeup run, Feliks takes a moment to bury his face in Toris' chest.

10). Rocks (Child/back-in-time AU)

Toris stares at the little boy in the dress, who smiles brightly at him. He feels cold. How had he went back in time and met his partner as a child again...? "My mama won't like, let me have any real pets, so I gotta pet rock instead! And like, he's a pony!"

"A-a pony...?"

The boy snickers. "Stupid, he's not a real pony. But when I'm like, lonely, I pretend he's a real one! A pink sparkly pony... I like ponies!"

11). At

"Sweetie, what are you staring at?" a smooth voice says. "Haven't you like, ever seen a dude in a dress before?"

And Toris turns bright red, lowering his eyes quickly. But not before he hears the guy laugh. Not meanly though; more like he was pleased..

12). Things ("Terrible things" by Mayday Parade-AU)

"Toris. I have to tell you a thing."

Toris looks up, a little unnerved. First of all, his partner Feliks was never, ever this serious. Second of all, he never called him by his full name. "What is it, love?"

The blonde sighs simply, and sits down at their kitchen table. "It's bad. Really bad." He lowers his eyes and Toris takes his hand, rubbing small circles in the soft skin, soothing. " 'm-'m sick, Tori. The doctor says I've only got like, a couple weeks..." Toris feels blood rush in his head. F-Feliks? No...no, he couldn't be... nothing harmed his cheerful boyfriend--nothing! Toris didn't let anything hurt him! ...please god, please no... "But don't be sad--I love you so, so much--I'm so glad I've had you. Even though it wasn't for a long time..."

13). That

"Is that what you're wearing to Arthur's party?" Feliks gasps, appearing in the doorway. Toris turns around, holding his shirt in his hands. Feliks' eyes flit to his well-toned chest and then back to his face; Toris was muscular, though you wouldn't guess it from the way he acts.

"Well...it was, until you said it like that."

Feliks sighs and shakes his head, disappearing again to the bathroom to do his hair. His boyfriend was fashion-hopeless.

14). Shine (high school AU)

"Stars can't shine without darkness," Toris says firmly, crouching so he's at the same height of Feliks, who's sitting. He takes his sleeve and presses it gently to the bruise on his cheekbone. His best friend gives a small pained smile through his tears. "You're a star... we'll be okay. You don't have to go back to your dad--you can come stay with me and my family, yeah?"