Chapter 36: The Rocker and The Princess

{Dani's POV}

{Master Bathroom}

{10:03am}

I zipped up the dress, it fit like a glove.

I looked at myself in the dirty, waist up mirror.

But for the first time I realized, I was okay with how I looked.

I loved it.

I looked like mom.

I stared at myself until I heard a knock at the door. "You okay princess?" Eddie asked softly.

"Yep! I'll be out in a second!" I chimed as I took a deep breath, reaching for the door knob.

Once I opened the door I immediately met Eddie's gaze, it was the first time I've ever seen him at a loss for words.

I felt my face immediately get red as I looked at the floor nervously, 

"Whaaat?" I whined as i looked down at myself.

"I just.." Eddie stammered once he realized he was staring, I lifted my head to meet his eyes.

 "..I'm at a loss for words. You are just.. wow. " He said.

I smiled as I ran to him, hugging him close to me. "Thank you Eddie.." I said as I embraced him tightly.

"If your mom could see you.. you would take her breath away as well.." He said as he wrapped his arms around me carefully.

When we pulled away I kissed him softly, he took no hesitation to reciprocate.

"Could you maybe see if Robin brought her makeup? I kinda want to be dressed up.. ya know.. since we're acknowledging my birthday now and everything.." I asked, and he immediately agreed.

When he walked out I put on ruffled socks I found in the drawer, I didn't realize how much Eddie paid attention to my closet.

After a few minutes, Robin stumbled in with her backpack. "Okay rockstar I got.." She finally looked up at me. "Wow! Where did you get this??" She asked as she grinned at me.

"It was my mothers.." I said as I returned the smile.

She took in what I was telling her and nodded. 

"Well, then, let's do a look that would make her proud." She replied as she sat me on the bed, sitting next to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{10:33am}

"Just need a little more blush.. and.. done." Robin said after what felt like forever of turning my head and opening and closing my eyes.

She helped me stand as she walked me to the full length mirror, when I saw myself I just gasped.