Chapter 12: Cold Water and a Kiss

{Dani's POV}

{Lovers Lake}

{10:30 pm}

I took off my socks, shoes, jeans and shirt. 

I took up his offer and slipped on Eddie's Hellfire shirt and jumped into the water. 

When I came up for air I moved the hair out of my face and saw him smiling at me. 

It was freezing cold but it was like I couldn't feel it, I was just focused on him.

My heart was pounding.

We splashed and hung out in the water for a while, Eddie swam up behind me and lifted me up, throwing me into the water. 

I was laughing and giggling like I had known him my whole life, like he was my best friend. 

Sure I was worried that this was a plan to get his rocks off, but being with Eddie made me feel like a kid again. 

Carefree, and just pure.

He came and got me from where he threw me and I pounced on him, we were both soaking and laughing like nothing else mattered. 

He just sat there, holding me as I floated weightlessly in his arms. 

"Y'know, I haven't had this much fun in a long time, maybe since I lived in Boston." I had already told him about my dad, how he was either working or drinking himself to sleep. 

It was kinda nice to have someone just listen to me. 

He smiled at me, tucking my shaggy wet hair behind my ear. 

"Well i'm glad I could be of service, princess." He spoke as he held me.

I looked into his deep brown eyes, they shined brighter than the moon. 

We were just floating in each others arms, he wrapped his hands around my waist and I rested my hands on his bicep.

"You are so beautiful, Danielle." He said as his hand rubbed my back. "I've never met anyone like you." He continued, never breaking our eye contact.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I moved my hands from his bicep to either side of his face, I smiled at him and he reciprocated with his big goofy smile.

As he stared deep into my eyes I built up the courage and when I could move I leaned in and kissed him.

Our lips locked like it was what they were made to do. 

It felt like magic, we were weightless. 

Floating with the moon as our spotlight. 

He tightened his arms around me to pull me closer, and I wrapped my arms around his neck but we never broke the kiss.

When we pulled away my eyes were still closed, I was soaking in that I had just kissed Eddie Munson. 

I opened my eyes and his face was red. 

I giggled as I rested my head on his shoulder, he held me for a while. 

Swaying us with the motion of the water. 

"Would you like to go dry off now? I could start up the fireplace, help get you warm?" He said as he stroked my hair, I was still on cloud nine in the moment so I just nodded. 

He splashed me and took a dive in the water to get a head start. 

I laughed as we swam to the dock. 

He got up first, seeing his bare back exposed made me, well, feel things. 

His back was toned, his skin looked flawless.

As he stood on the dock he helped me climb up, it was more freezing than the water. 

He immediately wrapped me in his jacket. 

I smiled and looked up at him, he hugged me tightly to warm me up. 

He lifted my chin with his fingers and kissed me. 

Being with him under the light of the moon awakened emotions that i've never had before.  

He grabbed my clothes and shoes for me, his belongings as well.

 I thought that was so sweet. 

But when he picked up his lunch pail and my heart dropped, I quickly masked it.

I knew what was inside there.

We walked up to the cabin with his arm around me. 

I was mentally preparing myself for whatever was going to happen. 

It would be a pretty shit move to do all of this just to get in my pants.

"You okay princess?" Eddie spoke as he opened the door for me. 

I nodded and walked past him to the living room, I took off his jacket. 

I stood there in his wet t-shirt, my underwear and bra were showing so clearly, it freaked me out.

"I uh, I'm going to change in the bathroom, if you want to change in the master, you can. There's a bathroom connected so you can fix yourself up." He said handing me my clothes. 

I realized even though I was standing there half naked, he never broke eye contact. 

"Thank you." I said with a soft smile as he kissed my forehead. 

"I will say, you look amazing in my clothes." I smiled wider and stood on my tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek, walking back to the master bedroom. 

I closed the door and looked at myself in the full length mirror and thought for a second. 

I slipped off the hellfire shirt and stared at myself. 

I turned and opened the door to the bedroom and Eddie was leaning against the doorway.

Almost like he was waiting for me.

As soon as our eyes met, we pulled each other into the deepest kiss. 

He immediately lifted me up. 

Wrapping my legs around his waist, one hand on my thigh, the other on my back. 

He carried me into the room, laying me gently on the bed.

This was it.