Chapter 8: Baggy Jeans and Condoms

{Eddie's POV}

{Trailer Park, Eddie's Bedroom}

{5:33pm}

I rushed home faster than ever. 

I tripped over the front door and ran to my room to look at myself in the mirror. 

I have a date tonight?  

Wow, I have a date tonight. 

With a girl, a cool girl at that. 

It soon hit me that I have to be on my best behavior because of how I was with her earlier. 

I kinda regret that. 

As soon as I saw Jason put his hands on her I regretted it. 

When Dustin asked me what the hell I was doing after Dani walked off my head started spinning. 

Any girl brave enough to approach me never fought or even spoke back when I cracked those jokes. 

What makes her so different? I have to know. 

I packed my lunch pail with some more weed, cigarettes, and condoms. 

Though as I put those in I winced at myself, even when I tried reasoning. 

"It's fine, better safe than sorry."

I kept saying that until I thought it was true, which never happened. I fixed the pins on my vest and checked my pockets for anything I was forgetting.

I ran to the bathroom and tried to fix my mess of locks, I knew I didn't have to get formal for this date but I wanted to be decent enough to plant the idea of possibly getting to 2nd base. 

Which again, is the last thing that should be on my mind. 

But theres something about Dani, she doesn't have a filter, even in her weakest moments she was still a badass. 

When I helped her up in the field I just held her, I thought she was going to kick me off her and show me the same attitude she showed Jason. 

But she didn't. Why?

She gave me a cigarette. Why? She gave me a chance. Why?

I had to find out, and I knew I was going to have fun doing it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Dani's POV}

{Dani's Bedroom}

{5:46pm}

I scampered around my room nervously. 

Picking out clothes, trying them on, then tossing them to the side. 

I looked in the mirror and sighed, then a voice from my bed jolted me out of my spiral of thoughts.

"Dani? Helloooo? Earth to best friend who isn't here? Want to wake up and talk to me?" I turned to Robin, apologizing for not listening. 

"Dude, I can't believe you agreed to go on a date with Eddie Munson." She said with a small laugh. 

I just shrugged and kept looking.

"I-I don't know Robin, I mean he was a jerk, but outside with him, it felt real. Y'know, genuine or whatever." I said staring at the mess I had made already. 

Robin stood next to me and as soon as she did I handed her clothes. 

She sighed like I did. 

"Okay sure, let's say it was genuine. But you also said you were in no interest to date. What happened to slip through high school and run to Berklee?" She said as she held the heaps of clothes for me.

I rolled my eyes. "That's still the plan, graduate, get the scholarship, go to college, start a band, get signed and take you and Steve with me on my world tour." I rambled and she looked at me funny, and laughed again.

"You, my love," she said as she threw the clothes aside and slung her arm around me. "have gone mad."

 I smiled, and reciprocated by putting my arm around her as well. 

"Isn't that what makes it fun to be with me?" She nodded. 

I loved having her as my best friend. 

We kept looking, outfit after outfit. Until she sat me down on my bed, putting her hands on my shoulders. 

"These outfits are good, but they're not you. Just dress like you normally would, stupid." 

I knew she was right so I stood and got dressed. 

After careful scope of my clothes I had decided. 

Baggy jeans, Iron Maiden shirt and my Converse. 

I sat at my vanity and put on minimal makeup, I tied up my hair as Robin came up behind me.

 She yanked out my pony tail and I yelped. 

"What the hell was that for??" 

She smiled and put her face next to mine as we looked in the mirror. 

"You look good with your hair down." She said as she helped me fix it. 

I smiled and nodded, getting the rest of my stuff ready. 

Robin stayed until a little longer but rushed out when the sun started to set.

With her gone it was just me. 

So, I waited.