Chapter 34: Cards and Couches

{Eddie's POV}

{Kitchen Table}

{12:46am}

Robin and Steve occupied two of the chairs.

"The card is all yours." I said as I took up a third chair.

Steve stood to go sign the card, but Robin hopped up. 

"My turn!" She said as she ran to down the hall to the living room

"Wha? Why do you get to go first?!" Steve said as he stood, speaking in whispering protest.

Robin popped her head back with a smile on her face. 

"Because I love Dani more!" She said as she disappeared.

"You and me both know that's not  true-" Steve started to say, stopping himself as he slowly sat back down.

He sighed, he wouldn't make eye contact with me. 

What is this guy's problem?

Steve and I just sat there in silence.

The only noise was the soft buzz of the kitchen light.

After what felt like an eternity, Robin returned and gestured Steve to go sign it.

He stood and walked passed her, "Took you long enough.." He muttered as he disappeared behind the doorway.

Robin sat across from me at the table, looking around at all the decorations.

"I read your novel, pretty sweet stuff." Robin finally said.

I instantly felt my cheeks flush red, "Oh yeah, you know, it's the best time to be like that.. or whatever.. right?" I stumbled over my words as she looked perplexed at me.

"Look.. Robin.. I got a question." I hesitated.

She laced her fingers, placing her hands on the table, "Hit me." She said.

I took a deep breath, trying to put my thoughts together.

"Uh, okay. Dani.. and Steve, was there, like anything, there? " I spat out in bits and pieces.

She widened her eyes for a moment, processing what I was asking her.

"Oh, um, I mean not really. It was, uh, one sided." She started.

"If it makes you feel any better, Steve liked me at one point too. A..And look! Now we're great!" She finished, her breath was shaky.

I really didn't know what to say, "Um, okay.. then.." I muttered out.

He liked Dani? How come she didn't tell me?

This, and her birthday? What else is she not telling me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{1:03am}

Robin and I were basically falling asleep at the table when Steve returned.

"Alright, that's over with, now we just need Dustin and the rest of your dragons and dice.. friends to sign it." Steve said as he strolled in, moving a brown lock of hair out of his face.

I was slightly startled by his sudden words, but I looked at him and started to think.

"First of all, it's Dungeons and Dragons, second of all, why are they signing it?" I spoke, my eyes barely staying open as I talked to him.