Chapter 31: Fantasy Novels and Clubs

{Dani's POV}

{Cabin Living Room}

{4:38pm}

I was trying to get my brain to get used to everyday things, so I asked Robin and Dustin to bring books here.

They did it happily, a mix of thrillers, romance and fantasy and I was reading on the couch for a little bit every day.

"Hey beautiful," Eddie said from the doorway, "Whatcha doing?"

I smiled up at him. "Just doing some reading to help my head."

He smiled back and sat next to me on the couch, waiting to hear more.

"Dustin brought these for me, Lord Of The Rings." I said as I flipped through the pages, running my fingers across the smooth leather cover.

He chuckled, "Of course Dustin brought those, it's a fantasy series, it's some of my favorites too." Eddie said with a smile.

He hesitated but started to speak, "Could you maybe.. uh, read it to me?" Eddie asked shyly.

I just smiled over at him, nodding gently. "Of course my love."

I sat up against the back of the couch as Eddie started happily shifting, laying his head in my lap.

He laid there, looking up at me patiently with a sweet smile on his face. 

The thought popped in once more:

Would it be bad if you didn't tell him?

Would he feel guilty for not knowing earlier?

I heard a small 'ahem..' , I glanced down and Eddie was waiting for me, a little less patient now.

I just giggled and flipped back to the first page.

"Chapter one, A Long-Expected Party. 

When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton.."

I continued to read for a little while.

When finishing paragraphs, I would glance down at Eddie, his eyes were closed but he had the biggest smile on his face.

My heart melted as I continued, telling stories about dwarves, elves and wizards preparing to go on a journey. 

Or.. whatever its about..

I honestly didn't understand any of the storyline, but Eddie looked so happy.

So I kept reading, page by page.

As I read to him, I heard a knock at the front door. 

Eddie snapped out of the peaceful trance, sitting up and leaning over to me.

"Can we please  do this every day?" He pleaded at me.

"Of course we can, my love." I replied as he pecked my lips gently.

The knock on the door happened again.

Eddie stood and went to the front door, opening it halfway.

I stood beside him, ready to fight if something went wrong.

A smile appeared on his face as he fully swung open the door. 

Standing there was was Dustin, of course. But then I saw Mike and Lucas, I started to smile too.

But new faces as well, the boys from the lunch table all stood there.

"Boys! What are you doing here?" Eddie said with the same grin.