Chapter 38: Scribbles and Lockets

{Eddie's POV}

{Cabin}

{10:10pm}

I've been drinking for a while, shotgunning, chugging and just enjoying my friends.

For the first time in a few weeks it felt normal.

"Excuse me, everyone!" Robin said, all of our attention turned to her.

"Dani is outside smoking a cigarette so this is our only chance for everyone to get together and sign the card."

"We're going to keep her busy. So please do that while we go out and hang out with her." She dropped the card and some pens on the table. 

The guys mumbled in agreement as they huddled around the table, drunkly scribbling loving words.

I smiled and stumbled out the front door to where Dani was, her cigarette was carefully held away from her dress.

She shot me a smile as I sat down next to her, the world felt a little dizzy but I didn't care, I smiled back, placing my drink next to me on the front steps..

"Hi gorgeous.." I said as I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Hi my love.." Dani said as she kissed my forehead to greet me.

"How are you feelin, birthday girl?" I slurred my words a bit, but she just laughed.

She took a drag of her cigarette and just nodded, "Like I'm living nineteen." She replied as she handed me her cig, offering a hit.

I obliged and took a small drag, "Are you sure it's okay that i'm like this?" I whined.

Though I knew I was drunk, I couldn't comprehend anything more than that.

Dani nodded once more, taking the cigarette and pressing it to her untouched and sober lips.

"Yes Eddie, it's okay, plus it would be kinda hard to go back now." She giggled, I did too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Dani's POV}

Eddie lifted his head from my shoulder, I looked back at him as he smiled.

"I never want to be without you, Dani." He slurred out, struggling to keep his eyes open as he took another sip from his beer.

He wiped his face lazily with the sleeve of his jacket, "Thank you." He said as he shyly looked away.

I stared at him, "For what?" I questioned as I put my hand on his leg.

"For being the most perfect girl.." He said with a small smile, swaying drunkly.

I just smiled and kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you for being everything I've ever wanted." I replied.

He looked back at me, leaning in and giving me the most entrancing kiss.

I kissed him back, moving my hands to around his shoulders.

He smelled like musk and his kissed tasted like booze.

Beer has never tasted so sweet.

We pulled away when we heard the front door open, it was Steve and Robin.

She was holding something behind her back, and Steve was standing there, a small smile on his face.

"The boys are doing their own thing, so we thought it would be a perfect time to give you this.." Robin spoke softly as she revealed a small box.

She handed it to me with care, I took it and looked up them, "Well? Don't hesitate Dani, open it." Steve said.

I nodded and opened it to find a small, silver locket.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I stared down at it. "You guys.. it's.. it's beautiful." I choked.

"Open it.." Robin replied, so I did.

Inside was a picture of my mom and brother, on the other side of it was a message, I read it aloud:

In loving memory of Bethany and Thomas Walker. A mother and wife, brother and son.

My vision started to blur as tears swelled my eyes, "I love it.." I squealed out weakly as Robin and Steve both leaned down to hug me.

"Happy birthday, rockstar." Robin cooed as she kissed my head.

Steve helped me put the locket on, It rested just above the neckline of my dress.

He rubbed my back, his smile was the widest I've ever seen it as he embraced me closer.

As Robin pulled away, Steve stayed in the hug, which wasn't normal for him.

"Kay.. that's enough." Eddie grumbled as he stared daggers at Steve.

"Dude it's fine, chill out." Steve said as he never took his arms off of me.

Until Eddie scoffed and drunkly shoved Steve off of me, I fell as Steve dragged me down.

I groaned as Robin rushed to help me up.

"What the hell is your problem, man?!" Steve yelled as he sat up from the ground.

"You're my problem. You like Dani and can't let it go!" Eddie hissed as he stood, stumbling over his own feet.

"I read what you wrote in the card, the way you look at her. I can't fucking stand it!" Eddie started yelling.

Steve stood as well, his face flushing red.

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about." Steve spoke in a sheepish but menacing tone, rubbing the back of his neck as his face flushed a deep red.

I looked at Robin, her face was pale. "Okay, maybe you've had too much to drink." She said softly. Trying to mediate as she reached for Eddie's drink.

"Don't get into this!" Eddie snapped as he quickly moved his hand to point to Robin, his beer flying out of the can.

It splashed me, right onto my dress.

Onto my mother's dress.

It fell silent.

My eyes met Eddies, his face was ghostly, his eyes beaming with regret.

"Dani.." He said, speaking the most sober he's been all night.

I stood in shock, I've never seen him so ill-mannered.

He tried to take a step towards me, every move he made, I would take a step farther.

"Please.." Eddie choked, but I couldn't believe he could be so vulgar.

I broke out into tears and stormed inside.

The boys in the kitchen tried to say something but I just blew them off.

I ran into the master bedroom and slammed the door, locking it behind me.

As I walked over to the full length mirror, the dress was covered in alcohol. My makeup was running down my face, I felt like a piece of me died.

I made my way to the side of the bed, curling against it, my knees to my chest.

"I'm sorry mom.." I said to myself as I wept softly to myself.

"I'm so sorry.."