Chapter 2: Assemblies and Berklee

{Daniella's POV}

{Hawkins Highschool/ Gym}

{10:46am}

I just wanted to get the year over with, I only had to stay until summer, then I'd be off to college. It was a pain in the ass to transfer my senior year, but dad promised if I moved with him here, he'd pay for any college I wanted. 

I couldn't turn that down, so I picked myself up every day to go to this boring high school, with these forgetful faces and pointless curriculums. 

All for a chance to make my way back to Boston and meet up with my friends at Berklee. I can study my music with my friends, join a band and make it big.

But until I can do that I have to rot my brain in classes, but today was an assembly for all of Hawkins High. 

I suffered through the first few classes then made my way to the gym. 

Iron Maiden still serenading me through my walkman. 

I sat at the top of the creaky bleachers with my walkman and my notebook. 

I was applying to Berklee and I need my music to practically carry me there. 

I looked up occasionally, to my left I saw Dustin, Mike and Max all scattered like flesh confetti, I looked onto the basketball court and spotted Lucas. 

I stop to process that I actually just gave a shit about some kids and looked for them as if they were in trouble.

I went back to my journal and another figure hovered over me, I smelled the hairspray so there was only one person it could be. 

"Yes Harrington?" Before he could say anything I put up my hand to him. 

"Look, if I could say this any nicer I would, but I can't, so go away." He sighed with a sarcastic laugh along with it.

"Okay look, you know I said I'd be able to take you, Robin and I out this afternoon and ditch lunch here?"

 I look at him slightly concerned and nod. "Yes, the lunch that we've been planning for weeks because it's the only time we can seem to all sync besides work." 

He nervously chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair. 

"Well, I uh, I can't. I'm sorry! Look, a situation came up and I gotta go. ASAP." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Let me guess, code red?"

He looked at me like I had two heads. "You might be hanging out with those kids too much." I scoffed 

"Actually, they're YOUR  kids Harrington, tell them to leave me alone!" He sighed and I went with it, as I knew it was Harrington wanting to get his rocks off any chance he got. 

I didn't even look at him to respond.

"Look, whatever you do with this girl I don't want to hear about it. Not later, not at work, never. You hear me Steve?" I waited for even the slightest response, "Steve?" 

I really didn't want to look up again but when I turned he was already heading out with a girl on his arm. 

I sighed, turned up my walkman and zoned out for the rest of the assembly.