Chapter 7: Walkmans and Sunsets

{Daniella's POV}

{Picnic Bench}

{1:23pm}

My heart was racing. 

"Eddie, are you asking me on a date?" 

He hid behind his hair a bit. "So what if I was?" He looked down at his feet.

I smiled and put out the rest of my cigarette.

"I would call you absolutely insane." He looked at me and his smile dropped. 

He almost looked hurt, so I walked towards him, stopping when we were only inches from each other.

I brushed my blonde hair behind my ear and smiled, my blue eyes met his brown. 

I barely knew this guy. 

The first ten minutes meeting him he was the worst. 

But there was something that intrigued me. 

I sighed and smiled at him. "But, it sounds fun. Fuck it, I'm in." 

He smiled at me as if he was a child and I had just gifted him a puppy.

He laughed and ran around a little bit, cheering like a madman. 

"Who got a date with the invisible girl? This GUY!!" I laughed as he ran off, I watched him, in awe of this man's behavior.

I saw him pause for a moment, and then run back to me and give me a huge hug.

The feeling of his arms around my waist was more of an addicting feeling than any cigarette i've ever smoked.

"If it's okay, I'll be picking you up later." I raised my eyebrow. "But you don't know where I live?" I said, he smiled. 

Pulling out of the hug but my arms were still around his neck, his hands on my hips started a fire inside. 

"Oh princess, but I have two minions who will give me the answer when I need it." I didn't move a bit even though I was being driven mad. 

"Or I could just give it to you?"

He rolled his eyes and groaned, but still never released my waist. "I don't know if this'll work, you take the fun out of everything." 

I laughed and hit his chest and he laughed too.

"Fine, pick me up at sunset." He looked at me weird, and nodded. 

"Okay princess, why sunset?" I smiled and took his hands off my waist.

Him calling me princess drove me mad. But I had to answer. "Because it's the best time to drive, it's saying goodbye to the sun and hello to the moon. Like shifting worlds." 

He smiled and nodded once more. "Okay, sunset. My choice of date, and you help me run Hellfire from now on."

I nodded, and smiled at him. "It's a deal." 

He let out a small sigh of relief. I tilted my head and spoke what was on my mind. 

"I met you an hour ago. Why ask me on a date? you don't know me." I looked away shyly, why did i ask that? 

I totally killed the moment. 

I spiraled in thoughts, he smiled and lifted my head with his fingers on my chin. 

"Let's call it, an infatuation." He said with dark eyes, I felt myself blushing.

So quickly I said. "I'll take that, and remember, sunset." I turned and started walking away and I heard him call to me. 

"Hey! No kiss for me?"

I didn't look back, just yelled back. "I can't let you have everything, gotta earn it Munson!" 

I didn't look back but I could picture the goofy smile on his face. 

But it was mutual, I smiled for the rest of the day. 

Later on I saw Dustin and Mike, they asked what I was so happy about.

"Seriously Dani, did you get kicked in the head? I don't think i've ever seen you smile." Mike said while looking at Dustin for confirmation.

"Yeah, what happened to you?" Dustin said and I just shrugged. 

"Don't worry about it, and you need to help me get supplies. I'm gonna join Hellfire." I said, they looked at me sideways. 

"Wait seriously?"

I just nodded, I wasn't sure about how this Eddie situation was going to go, so I didn't want to involve them. 

The last thing I needed was their involvement. 

They kept asking me question after question. 

I dismissed most of them and gave them a small "bye!" as I ran to catch my bus. 

I climbed the stairs of the huge school bus. 

Usually the nonstop voices and crowded seats annoyed me but I was too deep in thought to care. 

I sat with my walkman all the way up and rested my head against the window of the bus.

What did I just get myself into?