Chapter 35: Pancakes and Suprises

{Eddie's POV}

{Master Bedroom}

{9:28am}

I stayed in the same position all night, it felt like I didn't get any real sleep either.

As I laid there, I heard the door creak.

I sat up and when I looked over, it was Dustin.

He was motioning me to follow him, so I climbed out of bed and quickly threw on my usual outfit.

I took one more glance at my sleeping girlfriend, then walked out of the room without a word. 

Once I closed the bedroom door, I met Dustin's smile.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" I asked in my typical morning voice.

He just shrugged, "I told my mom I was sick, she called the school, left for work.."

Moving his hands, gesturing to his very presence. "..here I am." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and gave him a smile back, when I turned I saw Robin and Steve, up and prepping for Dani's arrival as well.

Dustin walked passed me into the kitchen and I followed close behind, noticing the display of doughnuts, a pitcher of coffee, eggs cooking on the stove along with pancakes.

"Well, look who decided to join the living." Steve said as he stood over the stove.

I didn't even respond, "What's with making the cabin into the Hilton?" I asked as I scanned around at the borderline buffet.

"Well, even though we don't know when your birthday is, Dani has done this very thing for us on our birthdays." Robin said as she poured some coffee, handing it to me.

"Although she did it all on her own, I don't know how." She added as I took the coffee from her hands, sipping it in small amounts to not burn my mouth.

I smiled a little bit, "She's superhuman, I'm convinced." I said as I sat at the table.

"True, and we'd know about superhuman's cause-" Dustin was cut off by catching Steve and Robin's glares. 

They wanted him to stop talking.

Dustin cleared his throat and sat next to me, "She's amazing, but you knew that." He finished as he shot me another smile.

We sat there in pin drop silence, just doing our own thing.

My eyes fixated on Steve, the note ironing itself in my mind.

Suddenly we heard the door knob to the bedroom start to shake, we all jumped up and waited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Dani's POV}

{9:49am}

I listened against the door and heard noises from the kitchen.

Because I woke up without Eddie's touch, for lack of a better word, I was craving him.

While I reached for the door knob, I heard subtle shifting and hushed voices.

I opened the door and I was met with streamers, the deep blue and black strands staring back at me.

What?

Oh god..

I walked out and from the kitchen I heard a group of voices scream "SURPRISE!!".

I looked over and saw my second family.