031 | THE ARREST

[ 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 THE ARREST 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 ]

STEVE HARRINGTON HAS BEEN annoying his little sister all week, wanting to know every little detail about her relationship with the boy he still isn't really a fan of.

Steve does like him and can see how much Eddie Munson is obsessed with his little sister but he can't help but be protective of Caitlin Harrington and everything that she is. after all, she's already lost her cheer team and nearly all her friends over the span of their three month relationship and counting.

everyone knows that Caitlin was going to quit cheer and had wanted to for a long time, but just the thought of her quitting something she cried to Steve about, makes him upset for her. especially when she quit because of a boy.

a boy who used to tease and bully the poor girl all throughout middle school, tugging on her hair and calling her childish names so that she would cry on the way home from school, begging to not go the next day.

once the young sibling arrived at high school, Steve Harrington made it his goal to protect her from everything that was Eddie Munson. He had a reputation at Hawkins High and Steve was there for every moment of it. all the rumours, Steve heard them.

he had a funny way of finding out everything about everyone.

when Eddie Munson failed to graduate for the second time, Steve realised that he couldn't protect his little sister anymore, with him graduating as she was entering her senior year.

and after she came home in a jacket that smelt of cigarettes and cologne, he knew something was up. the day at the diner was the day he feared the most, seeing his little sister's arm wrapped around the older boy's arm, her head on his shoulder.

however, when he came to his senses and realised that his sister found a way to forgive the boy of everything he did in middle school, Steve slowly began to as well.

the night of Caitlin Harrington's 18th birthday was when he finally let his guard down, seeing the way he protected her when she got scared at certain parts in poltergeist. the way he held her tightly to his body and did not once try to take advantage of the girl who loved him dearly.

Steve Harrington was shocked when the phone rang and he answered to hear Eddie's uncle on the over side of the line, rambling on about how Eddie Munson was arrested just hours before and he needed Caitlin.

the older Harrington sibling didn't want to drag his sister into whatever mess Eddie created that threw him in police handcuffs, panicked about what could happen to her.

he slowly hesitated to agree to what his uncle asked of the unfamiliar boy on the other side of the phone, hanging up almost immediately after they said their goodbyes.

"CAITLIN!" the voice rings urgently from the other side of the door, my eyes rolling in response. before i can even get a chance to reply, the door swings open and Steve is standing there, a worried look on his face.

"Eddie's uncle is about to come pick you up" he starts, his voice laced with a calmness that i didn't know i needed until his next words leave his lips, "he was arrested. i don't know what for, you and his uncle are going to go pick him up"

my stomach falls to the floor at his words. Eddie was arrested?

Eddie Munson, my boyfriend, was arrested?

a car honks outside impatiently and i don't hesitate to run past Steve and out the front door, basically throwing myself into the passenger seat of Wayne Munson's car.

"what did he do?!" my voice is broken up by small pants, staring at the wide eyed man next to me. he looks just as shocked as i am, however, he has been through this before.

"drink driving" he sighs, his head shaking as he pulls out of the street and into one of the main roads, heading directly for the police station that isn't too far away.

the car ride there is full of nervous silence. Caitlin Harrington has never been inside the walls of the intimidating police station, let alone had a conversation with a police officer. however, she knows Hopper quite well, outside of his career.

Hopper used to babysit the Harrington siblings when they were little toddlers on his days off work and he didn't mind at all. he loved the two children like they were his own. that was until Jane Hopper came into the picture a few years ago and since then, Hopper has barely been around to even say hello to the two siblings that he used to care about.

"who arrested him?" my voice is filled with nervousness, following the lead of Wayne, who is now walking into the police building.

"Hopper" he mutters, walking over to the front desk. the lady leads us to Hopper's office, saying a few words to him before pushing the door open enough for us to walk in.

my eyes land on the boy, who sits in handcuffs on a chair opposite Hopper, his eyes almost flooding in relief when he sees me.

"Caitlin Harrington!" Hopper cheers, almost as if he's excited to see me all grown up. the Harrington family is a family that never gets in trouble with the police, so he doesn't really hear about them that often anymore.

"long time no see Hop" she gives him a nervous smile, watching as Wayne takes a seat next to the boy he cares so much about.

"look, Eddie Munson, was caught getting into his van after chugging a few drinks at Gareth's" Hopper explains, my eyes moving to the boy who just wants this to be over with.

"how do you two know each other?" Hopper's face floods with confusion, like he just realised that i, Caitlin Harrington, am here for Eddie Munson.

"we're together" i speak, Eddie's lips tugging into a smile at my words.

"she's been keeping you out of trouble?" he quizzes the boy sitting opposite him, his arms crossing over his chest.

Eddie nods his head, "until now. i'm so sorry sir, it was stupid and won't happen again" he apologises sincerely although it will definitely happen again.

"Harrington, look after him would you?" Hopper sighs, standing up before moving to the other side of the desk, unlocking the handcuffs.

Eddie and Wayne both stare at Hopper in shock and Hopper realises this, "i'm letting you go, because you're in Caitlin's good books. but the second you do anything else, that's it" he warns, a smile creeping onto my face.

"thank you Hopper" my voice is flooded with gratefulness, his arm wrapping around my shoulder. he ruffles my hair, looking back over to the boy who is now standing up from his seat.

"you two look after each other. no more run ins with the police. you're lucky it was me kid" he pats Eddie on the shoulder, his other hand opening the door for us to leave.

and with that, the three of us wander out of the police station and towards Wayne's car. a hand latches onto my own, stopping me and i turn to face Eddie.

"thank you" he speaks, pulling me towards him. i stay serious, my eyebrows knotting together at his words.

"thank you? thank you? you were drink driving Munson! you could've got hurt" i push on his chest, a frown forming on his lips before he pulls me into his chest, his arms wrapping around me tightly.

"i'm sorry sweetheart, i am" his lips comment with the top of my head, placing a soft calming kiss. i don't say anything else, listening to his fast heart rate.

Eddie Munson was arrested.

word count: 1310

—————— AUTHOR'S NOTE ——————
really bad
filler chapter but it sucks
sorry xoxox

————————— BROCKSWHORE   —————————

17th July, 2022