003 | HELLFIRE CLUB

[ 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。  HELLFIRE CLUB  。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 ]

STEVE PULLS INTO THE BUSY SCHOOL CAR PARK and i swear he almost hit some students with his car. the car comes to a stop and i reach for the door, pulling it open.

"wait," he rushes to get his words out, my eyebrow raising in response to his stressed out expression. "i heard Billy is back."

i nod, waiting for him to say something stupid and overprotective. waiting for him to make my already shit week, worse.

"if he comes near you, let me know okay?" his tone is serious, his words stern and i gulp, pushing down all my morals and honesty.

"bye Steve" i give him a sweet smile, him giving me one in return as i step out of the car, walking towards the group of cheerleaders.

Chrissy wraps her arms around me, engulfing me in the scent of her strawberry scented perfume. i let out a giggle, both of us swaying.

"you and me, sleepover friday night." she speaks into my shoulder. we pull apart, the smiles wide on both our faces.

she is a beam of light. no matter how horrible i am feeling, i can't help but smile. she's an angel, always spreading some sort of kindness wherever she goes. never talks bad about anyone. always gives anyone a smile.

'you don't know who needs a smile' her words replay in my mind. she is honestly too sweet for this harsh world.

"my parents are away this weekend" my voice is filled with excitement, her hands clapping excitedly.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

i stuff my drink bottle into my bag, swinging it over my shoulder. cheer practice made me want to die, so exhausted for some odd reason. cheer just isn't the same anymore.

"CAITLIN!" i look over at the person who just called my name. Mike Wheeler and Dustin Henderson, standing there awkwardly in their hellfire shirts.

i give him a weird look, making my way over to the two of them. i used to babysit Mike constantly when Steve and Nancy were dating, Mike and i are close. he's like a little brother to me.

"you okay?" i ask concerned, my eyebrows knotted together. Dustin looks at the ground shyly and i can't help but almost let out a laugh. he's always so shy around anyone who isn't apart of their little group.

"you need to join hellfire tonight. lucas isn't going" Mike rushes his words out, his eyes pleading me like a puppy. i scoff, my arms crossing against my chest.

he wants to me join Eddie's club. god no. i would never even dare to be apart of that stupid nerdy group, let alone sit with Eddie in a room for hours.

"please Caitlin, i'll tell Steve about the party you went to" he speaks nervously. he doesn't know what to say, he needs me to do this.

"you wouldn't" i gasp, squinting my eyes at him. he bites his bottom lip, trying to think of what to do or say.

"i'll do it! i'll tell him right away" he says seriously, standing up straight. i look at him for a second, debating whether it is worth it or not.

"please" he starts begging and i roll my eyes at his childish state.

"fine!" i groan, "but you will not be speaking about this to anyone and the party is none of Steve's business. got it?"

he walks away quickly, high-fiving Dustin as they walk back into school.

"hey Chrissy?!" i call out to her, reaching the group of them. she looks at me, the same bright smile flashing across her face.