005 | HALLOWEEN

[ 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 HALLOWEEN 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 ]

THE HALLWAY IS FILLED with loud chatter and laughter, groups of people crowding around lockers.

"hey Harrington!" someone calls out and i turn to look at them. someone who i don't know. i give her a kind smile, waiting for her to start talking.

"halloween party. tonight. be there" she hands me a piece of paper. 'halloween bash! costumes are a must'.

i thank her, shoving the piece of bright orange paper into my bag while continuing to walk towards the crowd of cheerleaders and baseball players.

"so what are we dressing up as?" Chrissy questions, her eyes pinned on me.

"sexy animals!" one of the baseball players interjects into our conversation, my eyebrows raising.

"bunny and cat?" i wriggle my shoulder against Chrissy's, a wide smile on both our faces as she nods.

the bell rings obnoxiously in our ears, a small sigh leaving my lips. Trigonometry with Mr Bates. Lucky Chrissy is in my class. just sucks that Eddie is in there too, sitting behind us every single lesson.

Chrissy and i walk hand in hand into the classroom, sitting at our usual seats.

my mind begins to wander, trialing off to Munson. the way he smiled on friday made my heart melt and i hate myself for it.

am i serious right now? i think Eddie Munson is attractive. something is wrong with me. the butterflies continue to fill my stomach at the thought of him.

ever since i woke up in his trailer, something has been different. the feelings of calm and peace when i was laying in his bed. nothing compared to it.

Eddie walks into the classroom, late of course, winking at me before sitting down behind me. have i been so hell-bent on hating him that i never noticed how utterly attractive this man is.

ew, no. i shake the feelings away, looking down at my textbook. i'd rather die than think of him like that.

"Chrissy," i whisper, turning to look at her. she hums in response to my voice, still writing notes. "i think i like Munson" i try to keep my voice as low as possible, not wanting Munson to hear anything.

"WHAT?!?" she gasps loudly, annoyed eyes looking over at us. i hit her shoulder softly, scolding her. she takes a second to compose herself, looking over at me.

"invite him to the halloween party" she speaks, pointing to the orange paper sitting on our desk. i stare at her for a second, my mind scattered with thoughts.

"write something on it, put it in his locker. he won't know it's you" she puts a pen on the piece of paper, raising her perfect eyebrows at me. fuck.

my fingers latch onto the pen, trying to decide what to write.

you should come. no.

you need to be there. definitely not.

'i think it would be fun if you were there, make sure to dress up :)'

i let out a loud sigh, folding the paper in half. Chrissy gives me a reassuring smile, calming all nerves i have. he won't know it's me. there's no way he will know.

the bell dismisses us and we both rush out of the room and into the hallway, stalking Eddie as he shoves his books back into his locker, slamming it before walking into the cafeteria.