014 | HAWKINS HIGH

[ 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。  HAWKINS HIGH 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 ]

"ITS GOING TO BE FINE" Eddie speaks from the drivers seat, my eyes watching the people walking through the front doors of the school.

"it's going to be fine" i repeat, trying to convince myself. it's been 3 days since Jason found the photo. 3 days. neither of us has gone to school, Eddie has his bruises and cuts and well, i have a Steve.

Chrissy said everyone is talking about it, however no one is mad? it's almost as if they just don't care. it's just another piece of gossip to them. Jason on the other hand is furious, thinking that Eddie did something to me and that's why i'm friends with him.

it's honestly disgusting the way he thinks. he sees one photo and tries to kill Eddie for no reason. Chrissy has been updating me on everything.

the thing that shocked me the most was finding out that Billy Hargrove, out of all people, has been protecting Eddie and I. threatening to hurt anyone who even tries to hurt us. Billy is a scary guy, everyone is intimidated by him and rightly so.

i pull open the van door, jumping out of my seat and towards the front doors, swinging my bag over my shoulder.

and of course, like any other school in the word, gossip travels fast, hundreds of eyes following me into the hallway.

i reach my locker, a loud sigh leaving my lips. so far so good. i just really hope Eddie is okay. Chrissy arrives at my side, giving me a soft smile.

"is Eddie here?" she asks before getting cut off by the whispering in the halls. our eyes both move to the boy who just walked through the doors. Eddie Munson. his face covered in cuts and bruises.

"Eddie!" Chrissy calls, his eyes shooting to hers in a panic. he notices me by her side, wandering over to us, "i'm so sorry" she apologises for Jason's actions, something she shouldn't have to do.

"don't be Chrissy," his voice is soft and reassuring, "i'll see you later sweetheart" he turns his attention on me and i nod, giving him a sweet smile before he rejoins the crowd of people.

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

i wander into the cafeteria, Chrissy standing in front of me. we walk straight past our usual table and towards the Hellfire club, both of us not even wanting to look at Jason.

i take the empty seat on the right of Eddie, Chrissy sitting opposite me. Dustin to my left, the older boys don't say anything, knowing i'm here to look after Eddie.

to say i'm paranoid is an understatement, my anxiety has been at an all time high today, worried that something might happen to Eddie.

"hey beautiful" his voice is soft, shifting in his chair to be closer to me, our legs touching under the table.

"how are you feeling?" my voice is full of concern, his lips tugging upwards slightly.

"stop stressing about me. i'm okay" he tries to reassure me, my eyes connecting with his. his eyes give me a look, proving that he is, in fact, okay.

"i cant believe they did that. he's an asshole!" Mike speaks angrily, everyone at the table nodding. Chrissy shifts in her seat awkwardly, knowing that the whole table sees her as Jason's girlfriend. Mike's eyes widen, realising what he just said, "no offence to you of course"

Chrissy gives him a slight smile, looking back down at the table, "no you're right. he's horrible" she sighs, picking at her pink nail polish.

the table falls quiet, not having the right words to say. what do you say? my eyes land on Billy who is making a beeline for our table.

Eddie's eyes flicker from Billy to me, his hand landing on my thigh under the table like always. Billy stands behind me, my heart seeming to beat out of my chest.

"you doing alright?" he questions, placing his hands on my shoulders, my eyes widening a little at his actions.

"i'm fine" he turns his attention onto Eddie, who is shooting daggers at him for placing his hands on me. Billy steps back, taking his hands off my shoulders.

Eddie doesn't remove his glare though, his jaw clenching harshly.

"go, Hargrove" Chrissy speaks, the whole table being able to sense the tension on the air. he sighs, placing his hands up in defence before walking away from our table.

"are you alright?" Eddie asks seriously, his voice laced with concern as he stares at me, trying to figure out how i'm feeling. i nod, looking down at the table.

"yeah" is all i can say, feeling sick to the stomach. he now has something on me, he helped Eddie and i.

"i feel like im going to be sick" i stand up, not giving anyone a chance to speak before running out of the cafeteria and towards the bathrooms.

i slam the stall door behind me, letting the vile liquid spill from my mouth. i groan, my hands reaching for my hair quickly, holding it back.

my back slides down the stall wall, looking up at the ceiling in disgust. i feel disgusting. this is disgusting, my stomach wants to jump out of my mouth.

the bell rings through the bathroom, my body not moving. not physically being able to move. im stuck, trapped on bathroom floor.

the anxiety bubbles in my stomach, letting me know that this is never really going to be over. im going to feel like this for a long time.

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

i walk towards Steve's car, officially over this. over everything. i sat in the bathroom for the final two periods of the day, missing out on trigonometry with both Eddie and Chrissy.

i pull the door open, sliding into the seat with a loud sigh. Steve looks over at me, a sweet smile on his face.

"how was it?" he asks, pulling out of the car park. i shrug, looking out the open window, watching Eddie get into his car. i haven't spoken to anyone since lunch.

"it was okay. no one even cares" he pulls out of the car park, zooming down the main street.

word count: 1032

———————— AUTHOR'S NOTE ————————
short ass chapter

————————— BROCKSWHORE   —————————

4th July,  2022