025 | BIRTHDAY

[ 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。  BIRTHDAY 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 ]

"Harrington, sweetheart, wake up" i groan at the familiar voice, turning onto my side to ignore them.

"come on" the voice chuckles, my eyes fluttering open. i tilt my head to look at the boy who stands at the side of my bed, a coffee in hand.

"how did you get in here?" my tired voice is full of confusion. Steve wouldn't let the boy in here with me alone, especially after last time.

he definitely heard the last time.

"your brother let me in" he shrugs as if it's completely normal, my eyes widening at his words. i slide myself into a sitting position, rubbing my eyes tiredly to try to wake myself up.

"Steve 'the hair' Harrington let you in?" i question his words, yawning at the end of my sentence.

"i know i know," he mutters, passing me the warm coffee, "but lets make the most of it." he smirks before leaning in, closing the gap between us.

i kiss back, the feeling of his lips against mine instantly waking me up.

"lets go" he breaks the kiss, a small frown forming on my face. my face contorts into a confused look and he notices my confusion, continuing to speak, "we're going for a drive" he speaks casually, trying to force me out of bed.

"at 5am" i whine. i am not a morning person. never have been. never will be. being up at 5 is not a thing i do often.

"come on sweetheart" he speaks, his voice soft. i sigh, giving into his sweet voice. i slide myself out of bed, walking to my closet.

i pick out my outfit for school, a plain short black skirt and one of Steve's old sweaters. i swear i only wear Steve's old clothes.

i put my shoes on, not even bothering to put any makeup on before following Eddie out of the room and into his van.

Eddie reaches to the back of the van, pulling out a box wrapped in gift wrapping paper. my eyes flicker between him and the box.

"happy birthday Caitlin" my eyes widen at his words. did i completely forget about my own birthday? maybe.

"oh Eddie" i pout, our hands touching when he places the box in my hands. a wide cheeky smile forms on his face as he watches my fingers begin to slowly and delicately pull apart the wrapping paper.

i never ever rip it like a crazy person. you go along the seams, only ripping the tape. it just looks neater and doesn't create such a mess.

my eyes land on the small box in my hands, slowly pulling it open. my stomach swarms with butterflies at the dainty necklaces.

one of the necklaces is silver with the word, 'Munson', in pretty handwriting and the other is a silver necklace, with a single black guitar pick hanging on it.

i don't hesitate to wrap my arms tightly around Eddie, suffocating him with multiple kisses. a loud laugh leaves his lips at my actions, his hands moving to my jaw.

"i love it Eddie, thank you" my words are filled with love, "put them on for me?" i ask kindly, his eyes lighting up at my words.

"of course sweetheart" he speaks, sliding my hair from the back of my neck. he places the necklaces on, the cold metal sending goosebumps over my skin.

Eddie begins our mini adventure, driving down the streets of Hawkins. it's quiet, barely anyone on the roads for this time of the morning. the sun just beginning to rise.