001 | THE BEGINNING

[ 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 THE BEGINNING 。゚☁︎。 ゚ ゚。 ]

MY EYES LATCH ONTO CHRISSY, her hips swaying to the music that is blasting through the house. a drunk smile sliding across my face. she looks so peaceful and calm, letting the music take control of her without the need for alcohol, unlike myself.

Chrissy and I have been friends for three years, meeting when we both tried out for the cheer squad at the same time. since then, we have been inseparable. we do everything together, both taking an interest in the same thing.

she's the type of girl who is defined as the 'good girl', never even considering drugs or alcohol, does her homework and schoolwork, is never late. she's insane to me. always, always on track of everything and always seems to know all the gossip floating in the school halls.

i watch as her basketball boyfriend, Jason, comes up behind her, wrapping his arms tightly around her, his face in the crook of her neck.

they have been together for what seems like forever, captain of the basketball team and captain of the cheer squad. it's a cliche. Chrissy and Jason make a cute couple, everyone can see the love they have for each other. the way he watches her every move in admiration, the way they communicate. everything about them is perfect to the rest of the town.

me, myself, am absolutely alone. for the first time since midway freshman year. Billy Hargrove. the fuckboy of the town. he had me wrapped around his finger. he was my first for everything. he knew what he was doing. his sin-like smirk, his sunglasses always placed on the cliff of his nose, peering down at you with intimidation.

he is popular and hated by everyone, especially Steve 'the hair' Harrington. my evil yet loving older brother. he may only be older by a year but he lets me know it.

Steve never liked my relationship with Billy, so when it ended a few months before our two year anniversary because he thought it would be a good idea to cheat on me with Sandra, it was almost like Billy was never going to see the light of day again.

my thoughts are interrupted by Mackenzie handing me a shot, her smirk growing wider by the second. my eyebrow raises in response, taking the shot out of her hands.

i look down at the clear, devilish liquid resting in the glass. this will officially be my 27th shot of the night and i am fighting to stay awake.

"bottoms up!" she squeals. i bring the glass to my lips, tilting my head back while simultaneously tipping the harsh liquid into my mouth, not wasting a second to swallow it. my body doesn't react. i cant react. i don't even feel anything.

Mackenzie walks away from me, going to find another person to take a shot with. i sigh, looking around at the crowds of people hovering around the room.

all these people know who i am. co-captain of the cheer squad and one of the most popular kids in school; all thanks to Steve.

it all feels fake. it is fake. none of these people are my friends, apart from Chrissy who actually knows the real me. the one who can be a little nerdy and isn't all about cheerleading and sports.

loud cheers fill the room, my head snapping in the direction of the commotion. Billy. a tooth pick hugged between his lips. my heart sinks into the bottom of my stomach, just looking at him almost sobering me up.

still, over a year later, i cant help but feel sick to my stomach at the sight of him. his signature smile plastered over his cheating face.

his eyes land on my own, his movements coming to a stop. please god no. do not let him come over here. he spent the last 7 months of junior year trying to get me to forgive him, just so he could get in my pants one last time. i despise him.